Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know if this should go under training/obedience or nutrition :pukeright: !
We have to use a gate on the stairs to give our cats some peace but also to keep Sasha from dumpster-diving into the litter boxes.
I would love to take down the gate and work on training her to leave the cats alone (which she pretty much is) but need to conquor her love of kitty tootsie rolls :pukeleft:

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Ugh...no matter what I do my dogs always find away to get to these tempting treats. :roll:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's soooo gross!
On the weekends I will take Sasha upstairs to nap with me, she will dissappear then come back to nap and I will open my eyes to see a litter covered nose in my face (and it smells so icky too!)
(sigh)
I know there are food additives that you can give to dogs to stop them from eating hteir own poop and I remember seeing one specifically to put into cat food so that kittie treats don't taste as good to dogs.....just wondering if anyone has tried that.
I did see the prior post from a year ago that talked more about barrier prevention (crate around litter box, etc.). Our boxes are in a walk-in closet (our house is a cape cod so rooms are small).

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Yeah, i feed my cats and have their box in a closet. I just put a kitty door on the closet so they could come and
go without the dog annoying them. So whenever he gets too obnoxious for them, they can hideout
in the closet.
One day orson came up to me wearing a "litter beard"...it was NASTY but made me laugh!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts