Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the post on this site daily and just now registered, I have a 1 year old female valley bulldog, almost 3 year old rottie, 10 week old english pointer mix. I help run the foster program for a no kill rescue in western NC. I am no dog trainer but try to keep educated, knowledgeable in basic ob training. I just yesterday brought in a new foster rescued from a barn, (was rescued I believe a while, weeks before I got him) lab mix 3 1/2 moths old, my problems are he is not people friendly (can deal with that) but he is food agressive and toy aggressive and not to great if he doesen't want other dogs around him even shows dominance to my full grown dogs. I'm looking for help, my first choice idea is to get him to trust me. I currently have 5 dogs in my house down from 9, I don't want him to futher his bad habits but not sure on how to fix problems when he won't even come to me. There are always bunches of dogs in my house. My main question is do I allow his problems while trying to get him to trust me? He was in a foster before some crazy lady who found them, supposedly with other dogs and around people. Here is his adoption link http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?ac...f6-app5&display=&preview=1&row=25&tmpl=&stat=

Thanks for all the help,
Krystal

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I foster, too, and though some people here may disagree with me, my advice would be to work on his trust issues first, before starting in on his food and toy agression issues. Some of those agression issues may lessen over time as he learns to trust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.