Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we've all joked about our dogs feet smelling like Fritos! LOL :lol: Jazzy's really stink and because she sleeps in my bed with her feet in my face I'm wondering if there's anything I can do about it. Chopper's feet don't seem to smell as bad as Jazzy's. I though someone once posted a vinegar solution recipe to spray on their feet but I can't find anything. Any ideas?? Also, is it really normal, or is it not?

·
Registered
162 Posts
That's news to me

I have never heard of that before LOL but it's interesting..I'll have to sniff my dogs when I get home. I think it's asphalt smell or something LOL

·
Registered
979 Posts
Kasco said:
Ok, we've all joked about our dogs feet smelling like Fritos! LOL :lol: Jazzy's really stink and because she sleeps in my bed with her feet in my face I'm wondering if there's anything I can do about it. Chopper's feet don't seem to smell as bad as Jazzy's. I though someone once posted a vinegar solution recipe to spray on their feet but I can't find anything. Any ideas?? Also, is it really normal, or is it not?
Welcome to the Secret Society of Dog Foot Sniffers. You know you sniff their feet just for kicks - admit it! We'll be sending you your membership card soon.

Paula

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PaulaEdwina said:
Kasco said:
Welcome to the Secret Society of Dog Foot Sniffers. You know you sniff their feet just for kicks - admit it! We'll be sending you your membership card soon.

Paula
You got me! Will the card be laminated, I hope? :oops:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Re: That's news to me

pitbullmaster said:
I have never heard of that before LOL but it's interesting..I'll have to sniff my dogs when I get home. I think it's asphalt smell or something LOL
Another budding SSDFS member. All dogs feet smell like corn chips. A friend of mine calls them Tostitoes. They have scenting glands down there (have you ever seen your dog mark, then scratch up the dirt). It's a pheremone thing for sure. I think it smells great and will occaisionally sniff their feet for the heck of it. There, I'll admit it! I am one of the SSDFS.

Paula

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Salty

pitbullmaster said:
I agree tositos or whatever..it's a salty like smell..anybody lick em yet? HAHAH you never know some people........ :?
Alright...you lick your dogs feet when you get home and let us know if they taste good! I won't laugh, promise!
:laughing6:

·
Registered
979 Posts

pitbullmaster said:
I agree tositos or whatever..it's a salty like smell..anybody lick em yet? HAHAH you never know some people........ :?
I have sniffed feet and licked noses (purely out of scientific curiosity), I've even mistakenly used the wrong toothbrush (now mine has the rubber band on it...no more 'is it pink for paula or green for girls?'), but I absolutely draw the line at licking dog feet EW. Do you know where those feet have been!

Paula

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hi, my name is Liz, and I sniff my dog's paws. :wave:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts

PaulaEdwina said:
pitbullmaster said:
I've even mistakenly used the wrong toothbrush
Paula
:lol: We keep Bogart's toothbrush by ours too, and once my boyfriend grabbed his. I heard him freak out from the bedroom! :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I would never lick my dog's paws-----eeeeewwwww.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts

Kasco said:
pitbullmaster said:
Alright...you lick your dogs feet when you get home and let us know if they taste good! I won't laugh, promise!
:laughing6:
Now that one made me LOL...literally!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Bogart said:
Hi, my name is Liz, and I sniff my dog's paws. :wave:
My name is Cher and I'm a sniffoholic
:wave:

·
Super Moderator
15,973 Posts
Gee, I always thought it was a "Popcorn" smell.

Between popcorn/fritos feet and that musty odor they get when they go
outside, it is no wonder the air freshner business is booming. Oh yeah, let's
not forget their own little "air packages" they like to share with us and that
"Doggy Breath" that can roll you out a door. Now let me see --- hmmmm-
why is it we have dogs?!!
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I sniffed, but it was only once. It didn't smell like anything either, but it has been raining so I have been washing her paws before she comes inside.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I wonder how many people read this post and then smelled their dog's feet! My husband immediatly picked up one of Scout's feet to smell, and sure enough, said they smell like Fritos. I'll just take his word for it :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
Scout-dog said:
I wonder how many people read this post and then smelled their dog's feet! My husband immediatly picked up one of Scout's feet to smell, and sure enough, said they smell like Fritos. I'll just take his word for it :D
That's our SSDFS agenda to recruit more dog foot sniffers. Every time the discussion comes up, without fail, some curious lurker or poster promptly sniffs his/her dog's feet and becomes ONE.....OF......USSSSSSS.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA You will be receiving your card in the mail.

Paula

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Roxy feet stink, not quite sure if I'm going to lick them tho :O Not smelt Marlee's yet....I'll let u know if hers are smelly...they are soft, as I rubbed them on my nose :oops:

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Roxy said:
eeeewww Marlees feet smell equally as bad as Roxy's!
:laughing3:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts