Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog has this hilarious habit of barking at inanimate objects! He doesn't appear to bark at people that much, but he gets freaked out by things like wheelchairs, strollers, my computer chair, shopping carts, umbrellas, plants, etc. I cant help but laugh at him.
The only problem with it, is that when people are in the object (ie wheelchairs & strollers) they think that he is barking at them. Its embarrassing when i take him on a walk and he barks at a baby stroller. The parents look all defensive & scared - but its not like I can stop them and say "hey, he's just barking at your baby stroller - he absolutly loves kids and would never harm one." I let him smell what ever objects I can, but sometimes he forgets that they are not against him. lol. I brought in a new computer chair last night and he just freaked out. I then let him smell it and he seemed ok with it. Well, today I was watching a movie downstairs in the living room, and he started barking wildly at the upstairs loft bedroom. I couldn't see anyone, but for a minute, I thought maybe there was someone up there. When i went upstairs and opened the bedroom door for him, he began to bark in the direction of the chair. hehehe.
Does anyone else's dog do this?
Silly dog! lol

·
Registered
703 Posts
That is funny my Joe does the same thing with ceiling fans, flags,basically anything that is new or has been moved from one spot or the other. We moved our camper from the front yard to our back yard. The goofy nut would not go in the back yard for weeks without stalking it and barking at it. I guess thats why I love him so much, he always keeps me amused.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Tora growls at balloons? Someone posted a while ago about their dog being afraid of balloons and I arrogantly thought"How silly" :oops: Now my dog has balloon aggression :lol: :lol: SHe was fine with them before... my BF brought home a huge smiley face one and she hated the 1st few days....

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Sometimes Bogart barks at weird things too. This past winter, our neighbors put a cloth covering over one of their little bushes. Bogart got a little freaked out by it. He also barked at this big yellow hat that was hanging on a chair. I brought it over to him and he was hesitant at first, but after a few sniffs, he was fine. He used to freak out at stone statues and gargoyles that people have on their front porch and stuff.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Weird Grooming

My American Bulldog Bam-Bam "grooms" things when he is nervous or exited. He grooms people, funiture, his bed, he even tried the cat once. That didn't go over well with the cat! What I mean by grooming is he nibbles it with his front teeth the way dogs do when they have an itch. Kind of funny, but mostly annoying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.