Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

Oooh, Apollo hates hates getting his eye ointment. i'm doing my best to get it in, but it's tough as hell. Any ideas ?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have to do his ear cleaning tomorrow too, that should be a joy...

Thanx
Chap

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've used this ointment myself. It's very drying to the eye. Try using some eye drops (tears) before putting the ointment in. It will be less painful for Apollo. Good luck on the ear cleaning! lol

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Are your using the cream or the eye drop gentamyacin? I know that the drop form should be less painful (have used it with my mom's cats), at least that is what out vet told us at the time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's the cream stuff & sucks putting in. i didn't know they made drops, but i'll take a look. have to go to petco today.

thanx
chap

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Not sure if you can get it at petco with out a perscription. When my mom needed it for her cats, she got it right from the vet. When that ran out, we used the gentamyacin drops mom had from when she had pink eye. It was the same stuff the vet gave us.
Good luck and I hope Apollo feels better soon!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The vet said that his eyelids were growing in, I do know that much. Then they prescribed the ointment. One eye is definetly redder than the other. It's just a 14 day supply, which i have to do it twice a day. He keeps hacking at his face too. He has an abrasion on his nose on the top & by his nostril. I'm trying to clean it up, but it's really getting me nowhere...

Thanx
Chap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts