Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for these supplements for my EB. Does anybody know where I can get these products from a reputable company?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
You can buy them at Walmart or any store that sells vitamins and supplemtents. Ask your vet about the dosage. I know a lot of people who use them. Crush them into their food, or give it to them with a piece of cheese if they wont swallow it on thier own.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, you can get them locally, but over the counter supplements have a much smaller than noted concentration of ingredients than is listed on the label. It is only required to have, I believe, 10% of the actual ingredient and the shelf life of glucosamine is relatively short. nThis means you might only be giving 10% of the required dose. that is why I mentioned a reputable manufacturer.

Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
704 Posts
It is in my dogs food, Nutro.
There is not nearly enough in dog foods to actually help with anything. It is generally sprayed on a food after it has been baked, so enough of it isn't really absorbed in the system. It's always better to supplement separately.

To the OP, I buy the liquid Glucosamine/chondroiton/msm supplement from Costco. As has been mentioned though, many livestock supply stores have it in bulk in labeled for horses..cheaper than the dog kinds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts