Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i give Nelson Glucosamine & Chondroitin that are made for humans? I've found some that are for humans but I wanted to know if I can give these to Nelson to help him with his hip dysplasia? Or do i need to buy ones made specifically for dogs? thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
My office colleague give his dog feebly rheumatism tablets for humans to help him with his hip dysplasia. But thats german medication...i dont know if this medication that you had sayed are stark or feebly.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I use the human kind, it's usually cheaper and lots of people do it.
Someone told me that the quality control on supplements for humans is much better than for dog supplements. Not sure if that's true makes sense though.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I use the human form. But I know I've read in a couple places that dogs don't absorb the human form as well as the dog form.

Can someone please chime in on this? I know I've read it on this site somewhere. I keep questioning wether I should change to the dog form. But I could swear that the human form has made changes in Bear.

Agree with MrsCopper, the human form is alot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Gosh, I wish I would have bought the human form. The dog one cost me $60.00 for two months. You can go to costco and get a big bottle for pretty cheap for people. The vet told me AFTER I bought his stuff that I could go to costco for the next batch :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.