Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok..... first of all i apologize if this has been answered somewhere else already

since we got Addie she is really good about not using the bathroom in the house while we are home....but she won't poop outside when we go walk either. She holds it till either we leave her home alone or til we go to bed. I have never fussed at her about it since she does it when we aren't available to take her out but I wonder how am I going to get her to go on the leash? Those piles of poop sure are stinky...

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
If you have the time, don't bring her back inside until she poops. Stay outside with her for an hour if you have to.

Do you crate her while you're not home?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Had the same problem with Boss. You just have to stay outside with her until she poos. Do you know about what time of the day she usually has to poo? For example, and this is kinda funny, I know exactly when and how many times a day Boss has to poop. First thing in the morning, 1 hr after his first meal and then in and around 5:30pm. If you can learn to schedule her poops, you'll have a much easier time with it ;) She'll get it, don't worry.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't been able to find any good crates around here at a decent price so we just use my daughter's safety gate and put her in the kitchen when we go out to keep her in a contained area. as for timing when she poos....i know she goes twice a day. usually in the morning as soon as we are out of site... and at night as soon as we are out of site. Im wondering if the people we got her from scolded her for pottying cause she WILL NOT go around us.
\
If anyone knows where I could find a good crate that isn't too expensive let me know, also what is the best kind to get :?:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Rachel Zugg said:
I haven't been able to find any good crates around here at a decent price so we just use my daughter's safety gate and put her in the kitchen when we go out to keep her in a contained area. as for timing when she poos....i know she goes twice a day. usually in the morning as soon as we are out of site... and at night as soon as we are out of site. Im wondering if the people we got her from scolded her for pottying cause she WILL NOT go around us.
\
If anyone knows where I could find a good crate that isn't too expensive let me know, also what is the best kind to get :?:
Well, you need to take her out at the times you know she has to go and wait until she poos, then give her lots of praise! She may have been scolded for pooing in the house, but if she actually truly knew it was wrong to poo inside, she wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UUUUUUGGGGHHHH i want to pull all of my hair out!
I tell you i stayed out with her for an hour today we went to town she came home and ate and we wnt out for another hour and she walks around and i can tell she needs to go but she looks at me , tucks her tail between her legs, and eventually LAYS DOWN like she is saying IM NOT DOING THIS RIGHT NOW. an d i bet anything as soon as i go to bed there will be one big stinky pile waiting for me.....

patience is a virtue...... and i guess i will repeat the procedure again tomorrow
maybe ill see some progress.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE

ok well we have improved a little.... sshe now will whine to go out an pee but still no poops on the leash. though she does only go poo in the kitchen noe so cleanup is a bit easier. i hope as she gets use to the idea of going outside with me she will get more comfortable with the idea.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I wish you luck. I know you want to pull your hair out!! Try to be patient, and wait until she just has to go. Have a treat with you and as soon as she poos give it to her and act like a fool who just won the lottery!!!! Do you feed her at the same time everyday?? Might be easier to tell when she will have to go. Also, do you have a fenced in yard??? If so maybe you could let her off of the leash and see if she will go, but only if your yard has a fence.

I got my crate at Petsmart. I got a big metal one, so he will still be able to fit in it when he is grown. I think I paid about $75.00.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the encouragement.....right now i need it.....

im not sure where the closest petsmart is to us.... i may have to travel a bit to get to one.... i gotta have a crate, she is now able to climb over the gate.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Go online and see if you cant find any good deals on crates.
Check your vet as well.Mine sells them and I dont think they are over $80.00
Just make sure you get one that is the right size for your dog.If there is to much
room in the crate they will relive themselves in it.There should only be enough room to stand and turn around.
I have a big crate but got a divider for it to make it fit Busters size for now.Good luck on your search.
BTW,Keep up the good work.He will get the hang of it with going potty outside.I use treats every time
he potties outside he gets a treat and a lot of praise and belly rubs.I look like a fool but it is working out so far.
Just stick to the same routine(sp?) every day and give lots of praise and all will be well.It takes a time but you'll get there.

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
you cud try leashing her to you when u are indoors, this way u can watch her and tell when she needs to go ie..sniffing the floor, walking in circles.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ANOTHER UPDATE

well......

serious backslide... im afraid she is going to harm her intestines or something....
I waited until I saw her about to go in the house and clipped the leash on real quick and we went out for like an hour and she didn't go. HELD IT til we came back inside and as soon as I was busy doing something else -- POOP.

I just do not understand what is wrong with her. She will pee when we go walk. and when I take her off the leash in the BACK yard she just runs and hides at the front door.

At this point I don't even think there is any advice that can help me. Im so use to cleaning it up that its part of my daily routine. Maybe the more she gets use to her outside surroundings it will get better......

the thing Im worried about now is-- I hope she doesnt think she is suppose to go in the house, or that it is ok to go in the house...... :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I bought a 48" crate with a divider brand new off ebay for $50 shipping included. It works out nicely I put the divider in it and let our yorkie have the front, and our AB has the back.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time.How old is she?Sorry if you wrote her age already.Have you found a crate yet? Do you let her out every half hour or so?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
we havent been able to find a crate yet. she is 4 months old and very very good at holding it until she feels comfortable enough to go(which is usually when we are no where or arent paying attention to her) Like this morning I went out with her and she peed but no poo. as soon as i got into the shower -- poop.

I guess my patience is going on trial cause BOY have I had to use it.
Shes a big sweetie tho and I think she just doesn't trust me enough yet. she has only been here a month.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts