Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sam bit the neighbors boy this evening. After I just had her assessed and everything. After I've told everyone I would NEVER allow a vicious dog near my children. That pitbulls aren't bad dogs (I'm NOT saying they are either - but u know what people r going to say). I think if he hadn't had two shirts on it would have been a lot worse. She's gotta go now, cant have a dog that bites like that. I'll never be comfortable with her and I KNOW my DH won't. I am just heartbroken, I was really attatched to this dog. My kids were attatched to this dog. Now I have to listen to the "I told you so's" and be w/out my buddy.

My neighbor brought the boy over to see if my girls wanted to play and the door wasn't latched tight and BAM before I knew what was happening she was threw the door on on the kid. I can't tell you how sick I felt - luckily we're all friends and the damage was minimal - no blood just marking and bruising. OMG what a mess....

·
Super Moderator
16,018 Posts
I am so sorry. This is a hard thing to do but if you cannot trust her with
children then you are doing the right thing. My thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Oh so sorry to hear. I have an Apbt and if he ever were to try and bite anyone w/o being provoked I think I would definitely have to put him down. Its not of the breed to be like that. Do you think your dog did it as a protective thing? This child has not teased your dog or anything?(Not saying that b/c a child teases its okay for a dog to bite). Something had to have set your dog off thats just not of the breed to be like that. Awwww man that really sucks!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just horrified - I feel like I should have known this was going to happen. I keep hearing all the people I've been trying to convert in my head "see I told you - they are always bad dogs". My mom was with me last night and now she's gonna think 'I was right all along these are mean dogs'. Nevermind Sam came to us w/ an uknown background and she could well have been tormented by little boys (still not OK mind you) so that it has NOTHING to do w/ her breed. I just want to go to bed and not wake up and deal w/ anything anymore. Damn she was so good about almost everything else...

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
That is heart breaking :cry: I am sorry that you have to go through this

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Condolences and big hug to you.

You made a really admirable effort.

Don't be too hard on yourself; Stuff happens for reasons.

Learn what you need to learn from it and remember that you've gained lots of bully friends on the Other Side.
They are all thanking you for having enough love to go around!

Peace

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Very sorry to hear about Sam, but it does sound like you made a good effort to help him out.

Sounds like you're making the right decision and being responsible. I give you alot of respect for doing what you could, and being responsible with your decision.

·
Registered
979 Posts
This seems to be the week for it! I'm so sorry you can't keep your dog. I absolutely understand how defensive you feel now in the face of all those predjudiced people who are going to say I told you so. What's especially difficult is that you were developing a bond with Sam and really liking her.

Really sorry.
Paula

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Question now is - do I just call my vet and say "I need to put my dog down cause she bit someone?" - This is all new to me.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
newpitowner said:
Question now is - do I just call my vet and say "I need to put my dog down cause she bit someone?" - This is all new to me.
I assuming you could. Or they might even ask you if you want to rehome Sam with someone.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I AM SO SORRY! PM me if you need to talk!

You might be able to have her rehomed in a home with out children :?: not sure, PTS might be the best in this situation...

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Really sorry to hear this :( You have done the best with Sam....guess it is the chance you take when you recues.

Don't beat yourself up over this. Go see a vet/behavourist, they will do is what is best.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
YES!!!!!

I just got an email from a lady who works w/ bully's and she said she'd be willing to take Sam and re-evaluate her. She'll work w/ Sam and I don't have to put her to sleep - THANK GOD, I so did not want to do that.... I'm just so thankful - let's hope it works out and nothing falls through - I'd be heartbroken all over again...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just heard from the lady a bit ago - she's gonna take Sam - I'll drive her out there later on tonight.

·
Super Moderator
16,018 Posts
Re: YES!!!!!

newpitowner said:
I just got an email from a lady who works w/ bully's and she said she'd be willing to take Sam and re-evaluate her. She'll work w/ Sam and I don't have to put her to sleep - THANK GOD, I so did not want to do that.... I'm just so thankful - let's hope it works out and nothing falls through - I'd be heartbroken all over again...

Well this is good news.
Will be keeping my fingers crossed that all works out for Sam.
:D

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
She called me I'll be taking her out there tonight - I hope she's as good w/ them as she says she is and that Sam can be helped and doesn't get into any trouble...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts