Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little girl is going under the knife tomorrow. Can't help feel bad for her, but it'll definitely be better for her in the long run. I hope she recovers quick, and all goes well. Any advice on after care would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Basicly there is nothing special to do. Just keep her calm and she should know her limit. I never did anything special for my pets when they got fixed. Oh, don't give her food or water for the day (when she comes home) because she may get sick. The next day give food and water in small amounts until you see she can keep it down. I'm sure the vet will give you instructions anyways.

Good luck Gracie and feel better soon.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
There's not a whole lot to do. SHe will be sore the first day. She may not want to eat or drink, but you can offer food and water just in case she wants it. She will also have a hard time peeing and pooping - it will hurt her to poop, so don't be surprised if she cries when she tries to go. Be careful picking her up for a few days, be sure to get her under her chest, not her belly. Try to keep her from licking at the incision, and try to keep her from jumping around for a few days. And don't get her wet for 7 days. Swelling is normal, but if the incision is really red or feels warm to the touch, you might want to call your vet.

:D I just went through this on Friday, so it's still fresh in my mind. Let me know if you have any more questions. In 6 years and more that 50 dogs, I've never had any major complications. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.