Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised here are pictures of the two Great Dane puppies I am fostering. Bubba is a fawn male, and Illiana is a fawn female. Both are aprox 8weeks old, and as you can tell they made themselves at home pretty dang fast. I'm only fostering two of the pups, we have two more that came in that went to other foster homes. It's so weird having 5 dogs in the house again :lol: I've been running around all morning puppy watching and needless to say, I'm dead tired.

Bubba with his brother Jax

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you :) I had no intention of fostering anymore until Margo is better, her athritis has really gotten worse and I didn't want her to deal with pups all over the place.

But she has been great with them, she hasn't snapped at them but I keep them supervised and if I feel like they are getting to rough I take them up and bring em somewhere else.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
That's wonderful that Margo is doing well with them! I hope it stays a happy situation in your house! I really want to get back into fostering. Bella and Remy are finally settled in together (not playing/roughhousing 24X7), so I think we might be ready soon to start fostering again. :)

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Oh how cute!! Good thing I didn't see these BEFORE we adopted Delilah. I LOVE fawns :)

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you!

I hope everything stays like this, I do have to get onto Shadow sometimes because he does play rough and I've been trying to work on that issue with him. But he's a dog and dogs do play rough, but I do want him to know that he doesn't need to be so rough. So far he does respond well when I tell him "no" and he'll settle down.

I love fostering though, except when I'm the one who has to make the hard decisons on weither or not a dog has to be put down or not. That really kills me, but it's something I have got to do sometimes.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
LifeIsDaPits said:
HausMommy said:
Oh how cute!! Good thing I didn't see these BEFORE we adopted Delilah. I LOVE fawns :)
You'd have to Haus's literally :)
No joke! :lol:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for the compliments :)

The female is the one that gives me the most heck, Bubba (male) all he really does is sleep....typical dane! :lol: But Illiana want's to run around the house, grab my pants and pull and of course chew on every finger I have.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
OH they are both so cute.I am in really starting to want a dane now,of course I will have to move before anything else comes into this house :wink:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm doing alittle better. I'm not as worried about my room since I have a bodyguard known as Jocko :lol: Depression isn't as bad so things are feeling alot more "normal"

and thank you :)

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The only downside about Great Danes...it's easy for em to get into things. We used to put our bread on top of our fridge, well...needless to say I came home one day and the bread was gone :lol:

They even find a way to open up our cabinets, we got so desperate we unscrewed all the handles and they still got in em haha. But we broke em of that habit, thank god we were running out of food fast!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts