Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm taking griffin back to the shelter i rescued him from to be neutered tomorrow. have to drop him off between 7-8am and can pick him up after 5. i'm hoping the procedure goes smoothly without any issues.

i want to make sure he recovers quickly with no complications. any advice on making him feel as comfortable as possible once i get him home?

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
fishdu07 said:
i'm taking griffin back to the shelter i rescued him from to be neutered tomorrow. have to drop him off between 7-8am and can pick him up after 5. i'm hoping the procedure goes smoothly without any issues.

i want to make sure he recovers quickly with no complications. any advice on making him feel as comfortable as possible once i get him home?

Once you get him home just make sure he's got a nice, quiet comfy place...that's about it.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
The shelter may or may not give you pain meds to take home. My pit pups didn't need them - they hardly noticed that anything had been done to them. Just like Cinder said, give him a nice quiet place to sleep it off, and he'll be back to his old self in no time at all. The bigger challenge is keeping him still until he's healed.

The only time my kids noticed any pain was when they were trying to poop - and that was just with the girls - but don't be surprised if he whimpers when he tries to potty.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
and also, don't be surprised if he's shivering or coughing. The shivering is from the anesthetic and the coughing is from the breathing tube down his throat. Both are very normal. Just put him in a comfortable place and enjoy the peace and quiet!!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Good luck! I'm sure he will be fine. Tanner didn't have any problems after or during his surgery. I don't think he even slowed down a hair. They gave him a shot of pain meds that was suppose to last 3 or 4 days in his system. Then went back in a week to get his stitches out and he never messed with his stitches.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, griffin is back home and seems to be doing well. he did vomit a bit, but i think that is okay. he's sleeping now. :D

i was told he made friends with a female pit bull in the car ride there. i'm proud of him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts