His ears have gotten OUT OF CONTROL!

Nice profile shot

Oh, $hit!

Just some Friday laffs!
:lol:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Good Lord Batman, get a hold of yourself! Your gonna put someones eye out. Forget about the red rider...I want a Griz!! That was friggin' funny! Thanks for the laugh :)

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Those are awesome :lol:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He was kind of a rescue.

Some friends-of-friends-of-friends of ours knew a BYB who had a litter. They were going to "get rid of" the runt (whatever that meant I don't know) since they couldn't get the $ for him they were charging buyers for the rest of the pups. I thought that was messed up. So we called them up and they said we could have him for a 'cheaper price' since he was the runt. :roll: I don't care, I woulda paid every cent I had in my bank account for him as soon as I saw him. Even though he was the runt, he must have been first in line when they were handing out EARS!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
They are great photos! Gotta love that Grizwald. He is just sooo sooo cute!

A runt is the smallest pup or kitten of the litter.

Great photos & totally funny.

Maria

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I copied that out of my know it all book from the clinic! LOL

Many times, the runt of the litter is the result of normal physiologic events during gestation or at and around the time of birth. Some pups are just genetically predetermined to be smaller, or grow at a slower place than their littermates. These pups may even end their development at maturity at a larger size than others in the litter. Also, the position of the placenta in the uterus can affect the amount of nutrition the developing pup receives before birth. If there is crowding due to a large litter, or just a sub-optimal location for attachment of the individual umbilical cord, the resulting pup may be born smaller. Those pups with a higher birth weight generally finish the nursing period at a larger size than others in the litter.

Birth order and ease of the birth process can also affect the pup's size. If the delivery is straightforward, the pup is born with some energy left to begin nursing immediately. The first milk, or colostrum, is rich in antibodies that are directly absorbed into the pup's blood system, transferring immunity. The faster this milk is obtained, the more the pup will thrive. A difficult, long or breech birth can leave a newborn exhausted and slower to begin feeding and growing. The first pups out also lay claim to a particular nipple on mom's milk line. The hind teats contain more milk and the pups that generally feed here will get more nourishment and develop faster.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts