Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a new pup shes 12 wks old now ive been using the flirt pole with her for a couple of days now but is that all i should be doing as ground work for sch or should i be teaching her some ob techniques or tracking for food games with her?
any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Join a GOOD club. A good training director should be able to lead you in the right direction. Getting training advice for something as complex as SCH training over the internet is bound to backfire on you. Training a dog for SCH is not something someone should be doing on their own, especially a novice. I prefer to let the helpers at my club do ALL bite training with my dog. I do not play tug nor do I play flirt pole with my dog. Leave it to the helpers to even do that. As simple as it looks there is more to it than what you probably realize. If you aren't rewarding the dog at the right time you will be creating some very bad habits that will be tough to break later on. GO find a club and ask the TRAINING DIRECTOR what you should be doing.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Lisa said:
I do not play tug nor do I play flirt pole with my dog. Leave it to the helpers to even do that.
Does this just apply to dogs being trained for Schutzhund? I've never heard that's it's bad for owners (as opposed to trainers) to play flirt pole with their dogs. But then again, I'm just a pet owner. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.