Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tora has so far been a cupcake but a friend that she has never meet came over last night...She was doing a low rumbling growl at him :shock: ....To me it sounded like the I am going to bite you growl......My friend may have been tense since he hates my other half and it was the 1st time after a long and bad situation that they have seen one another :( ... I have never seen her act like this to anyone WTF? What do I do? :shock: I am still in shock

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
halo said:
Where you uncomfortable or nerves in anyway around her the dogs usually pick up on those things. Even another in the household giving that kinda of energies of the dog would pick up on .
what she said! I would be correcting her for that behaviour. She needs to know it's not acceptable to do this to people you let into your house.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Family of 5 said:
angie7349 said:
Tora has so far been a cupcake but a friend that she has never meet came over last night...She was doing a low rumbling growl at him :shock: ....To me it sounded like the I am going to bite you growl......
Uh OH!

better order another dog.
I did that before I even posted I figured her helk I figured if I can't keep this one straigth maybe the second one will mother her for me :wink:

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
angie7349 said:
Family of 5 said:
angie7349 said:
Tora has so far been a cupcake but a friend that she has never meet came over last night...She was doing a low rumbling growl at him :shock: ....To me it sounded like the I am going to bite you growl......
Uh OH!

I did that before I even posted I figured her helk I figured if I can't keep this one straigth maybe the second one will mother her for me :wink:
LMAO!!! that's a great reply. get me one too while you're at it :D

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
halo said:
Where you uncomfortable or nerves in anyway around her the dogs usually pick up on those things. Even another in the household giving that kinda of energies of the dog would pick up on .
Now on a more serious note....My friend HATES my boyfriend and last night would have been the 1st time that they would have seen each other in about a year....My boyfriend stayed in the bedroom when my friend came in so there was a lot of nerves flying through the house between them two....I was comfortable at 1st but after she showed her a$$ I felt aweful that she growled at him like that so my energy became negative quick...

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Family of 5 said:
angie7349 said:
Family of 5 said:
angie7349 said:
Uh OH!

WOW I can not write LMAO!!! I am on it the guy just threw 5 dogs in his backyard w/one bitch....4 out of 5 have temp problems but I am hoping that the sire was the one with a good temp.... and I am going to pick them up today he is going to let me go at three weeks bc he wants the new owner to "bond " with them....all for the bargain price of $3000 if we bring them back at 6 months they will start protection training them for $2000 :wink: I am so bad

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Family of 5 said:
angie7349 said:
Family of 5 said:
angie7349 said:
Uh OH!

Ya'll are cracking me up! :lol:
But to reply to your post : Shelby has done this before, but it was because the girl we had at our house was scared of her, and Shelby sensed that. It was kinda strange b/c at first Shelby growled at her b/c she sensed she was nervous, but it's as if Shelby picked up on the fact she was nervous around HER and she went up to her and laid her head on her lap as if to tell her she wouldn't hurt her :D

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
If all that energies was flying around Then I would say the dog picked up on it . But You do need to correct it too like peeblerelf said.
But I would make the correction in a calm manner . Don't correct her while you are upset or nerves because she will pick up on it and that could make the situation even worse. remain calm and correct her is the best way I think to handle a situation like this one.
At least If you remain calm then you can do the correcting .

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
halo said:
If all that energies was flying around Then I would say the dog picked up on it . But You do need to correct it too like peeblerelf said.
But I would make the correction in a calm manner . Don't correct her while you are upset or nerves because she will pick up on it and that could make the situation even worse. remain calm and correct her is the best way I think to handle a situation like this one.
At least If you remain calm then you can do the correcting .
:oops: I got pretty upset with her when I corrected her I yelled :oops:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
angie7349 said:
I got pretty upset with her when I corrected her I yelled
Not to worry everyone makes mistakes we all have things to learn.
But at least now you know.
You should never correct any pup or dog while you are upset. better to walk away and wait till you can correct them in a calm manner next time it happens just remain calm and correct her Like a pack leader would do . A pack leader would correct without getting upset just put them in their place so to speak so they know that behavior will not be tolerated.
It takes practice you will get it. I had to learn a lot too. And now that I have mine know what is acceptable and what is not.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do you not punish when angry but still punish in time for them to know why they are in trouble to begin with?

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
halo said:
angie7349 said:
I got pretty upset with her when I corrected her I yelled
Not to worry everyone makes mistakes we all have things to learn.
But at least now you know.
You should never correct any pup or dog while you are upset. better to walk away and wait till you can correct them in a calm manner next time it happens just remain calm and correct her Like a pack leader would do . A pack leader would correct without getting upset just put them in their place so to speak so they know that behavior will not be tolerated.
It takes practice you will get it. I had to learn a lot too. And now that I have mine know what is acceptable and what is not.
unfortunately , you can't walk away and correct later you must consistently correct every time the dog exhibits the behaviour. i do agree that you have to correct in a calm consistant manner tho. worse comes to worse and you feel that you are to upset to deal with her at the time calmly take her but the collar give a firm (but calm) NO and put her in her crate. when you feel more able to deal, let her out and continue to deal with the problem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.