Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I brought home my puppy last week, my neighbor saw her and we talked for a short bit. I have lived here for just over a year and have not really talked to them. People pretty much keep to themselves around here. They have two female pits that are good looking dogs, but not breeders. They are kept tied up outside from morning until night. All they do is bark all darn day long. I have tried to go over there before when they (the people) were out, but I always hear the same thing from them: "Be careful, they bite." That is terrible! The older one is probably the least nice of the two as I have seen her snap at people on different occasions. The younger one is not even a year old yet. I noticed that they got another one recently, a male, probably about 3-4 months old. As I was talking to him, I found out that his intent was to breed the two females with his male. It also sounded like he was planning on doing this in the very near future. I was dumbfounded. The dogs are likely to not be papered, no working titles or any titles for that matter, very young, and to top it off they show agression towards humans. To make matters worse this is in Ohio, one of the worst states for BSL. BSL has recently been deemed unconstitutional in the state, which is a huge step forward, but people like this are not making things any easier. Why the ignorance folks?

On another note, at one point last summer, the younger female was tied up outside and had managed to wrap herself around a tree and some bushes. It was pretty hot out and no one was at the house to untangle her. I saw her and noticed she could not even get to her water. I decided to go and at least untangle the dog. As I was doing this, I found out where my missing tie-out was. They had taken it from me to use for this dog. Needless to say I was a little upset. (I used the tie-out for when I was grilling out or playing yard games with numerous people over and I wanted the dog outside with us but didn't have a free hand for a leash. It was never used if I wasn't around or outside with my dog.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.