Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not Cesar Millan. :D

Bill -- "blittle." He doesn't visit the forum much anymore since the drama is tiresome, but I keep him updated and we talk regularly. Anyway, as most of you know, I live in Ohio and he lives in Texas. He's going to come up here and pick up Koa, take him for a few weeks, and I will pick up a "new" improved dog. Of course he'll teach me everything I need to know, and I will stay down there for a few days so I can work with Koa with Bill's guidance.

I know the peanut gallery is gonna have something to say about having someone else train my dog, but you know what -- I respect his opinion more than anyone else's, so you'll be talking to a wall.

I can handle Heaven myself, so she's staying behind with me. She is already very obedient, we just have a few things to work on -- heel and "off." Koa is the unruly (but very sweet) one. My biggest worry is that they have never been separated in their life...they are going to miss each other so much. But it will be for the best. Koa will get the instruction he needs, and I can work more with Heaven one on one while he's gone.

Not sure when this will take place. I'm hoping next month. Bill will keep Koa separated from Bo and Sally, because I'm sure they'd have him for lunch. I'm really excited about this, so wish us luck!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Thats awsome. I see no problem with sending a dog away for a couple weeks. I look at like this they can teach a lot quicker and better then I can. Then all you have to do is keep it enforced and do what the trainer tells you to do. Tell Blittle I said hey

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
That's so cool! You're so lucky you have a great trainer to do that! I'm jealous....ask Bill if he'd like to swing by GA and pick up a deaf AB to work with too, :lol: I'm sure Heaven and Koa will miss each other some, but Koa will be working hard, I'm sure...and Heaven will get plenty of one on one attention with you.

Can't wait to hear how things go! Tell Bill to take some pics of Koa in action!!

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh please, Bill isn't charging me anything! We tight like that. :wink:

:lol: He's gonna laugh so hard when he reads this!

No, I have become great friends with Bill and his wife. We'll have a blast while I'm there, and he's happy to do the favor. He knows what a difficult time I've been having, being stuck here by myself with no family around and no one to ever help out. He's a good man and his wife is full of spunk!

Any other TX members want to get together while I'm in town?

I'm thinking I may want to fly though, I'm not too keen on driving for 12-18 hours. I will have to see what it would cost to fly with Koa.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bigut64 said:
i thought dogs listened to the person who trained them a lot better than anyone else, i know my pup is that way.
That's why he is training me to train my dog(s). He has a LOT more experience with bullies than I do. Trust me, he will get much farther with Koa than I ever could. Once he teaches me how to train him, and works with us both together, we'll both be like new. I am doing the best I can, and this a step in a positive direction.

·
Registered
552 Posts
He is not far from us, let us know when you are in town. We will bring our crew out for YOU to meet them. Dont want people to think we are going to let all the dogs play together or anything. I know how this place is.........

·
Registered
260 Posts
LuvaBULL said:

No, I have become great friends with Bill and his wife. We'll have a blast while I'm there, and he's happy to do the favor. He knows what a difficult time I've been having, being stuck here by myself with no family around and no one to ever help out. He's a good man and his wife is full of spunk!

I'm thinking I may want to fly though, I'm not too keen on driving for 12-18 hours. I will have to see what it would cost to fly with Koa.
Hey you had better call me or something girl!!!! I am here and would love to have a play date!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hug~A~Bully said:
LuvaBULL said:

Hey you had better call me or something girl!!!! I am here and would love to have a play date!!!!!!!!!
Thats a long drive bill lives north of dallas.

·
Registered
329 Posts
RED said:
He is not far from us, let us know when you are in town. We will bring our crew out for YOU to meet them. Dont want people to think we are going to let all the dogs play together or anything. I know how this place is.........
LMAO!!!! Not fair though I want to meet the bully bunch!!! Red I bet your dogs are like little snipers. They probably huddle together and make plans on how to drive you crazy :).

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
lol, "peanut gallery" i hope you ain't including me in that man! :angry5: :laughing4:
kudo's to you for training, anyway , any how.
your lucky to have someone with an understanding of bully's that is willing to take the time with your dog
:bootyshake:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
attitude said:
lol, "peanut gallery" i hope you ain't including me in that man! :angry5: :laughing4:
kudo's to you for training, anyway , any how.
your lucky to have someone with an understanding of bully's that is willing to take the time with your dog
:bootyshake:
LOL, no I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. I just meant I knew someone would pipe up and disagree... but my mind has been made up, you know. Koa is 9 mos old. I have failed miserably at getting him trained. He won't even SIT for me. I did so great with Heaven, but Koa is stubborn. Bill can't do anything that's detrimental at this point!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.