Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this should be here or where - but anyway - just wondering - I know that when the hackles go up it is usually a sign of fear/anxiety/etc - right? Well lately I have noticed that when Mags sees people she REALLY REALLY likes, like my two best friends who she has known since day one, or a dog in my building she is friends with - her hackles are going up! She is wagging her tail and giving kisses and rolling onto her back (little miss submissive) just like always, but her hackles are still up --- no growling or anything like that. Is it normal for the hackles to go up just when they get excited in a "good way" as opposed to them being defensive?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
yup, hackles also go up when some dogs are excited...not all dogs though, some dogs may look excited with hackles up but really they are very annoyed. So just keep your eye on her, but yea it can also mean excited

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.