Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyones elses dog have a hair obsession? Tanner LOVES hair! He will jump up on you to get ahold of your hair. And if you are sitting down, he will try to chew on your hair. I have been telling him no so he doesn't do it very often anymore but I had never had a dog do this before.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Hmm, havent experienced the hair love. Only thing close to that is whenever i've been around puppies and im laying down..they love to
grab and tug my hair. But that is only puppies.

My sheepdog LOVED licking ears! She could do it for hours...
if she was near your ear she would start to lick them. :?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Not anymore, but when Koda was still an itty bitty pup I used to get awakened during the middle of the night with him playing tug of war with my ponytail!!! :shock: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
16,005 Posts
Never had a dog do this, but did have a cat who used to lay up around my head
at night to sleep and would chew on my hair. Learned later it was because of the hair spray.
:D

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
My dog Legend *LOVES* hair! He likes to rub around on your hair. Its so funny! I've also have been telling him No since he was a young pup. But the only thing he only does it with people he really knows and sees on a daily basis.

·
Registered
55 Posts
gazar said:
at night to sleep and would chew on my hair. Learned later it was because of the hair spray.
thats funny whenever i would be at low enough level, my dog would start trying to lick and munch my head. then one day he refused and i realized it was because i had no gel in my hair.
here i was htinking he was showing affection or something... nope! just looking for a snack.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
gazar said:
We had a kitten that I had to bottle feed until she was old enough to be adopted..anyway. When I finally weaned her off the milk she would curl up next to me at night and suckle on my shirt or sheets or any material for that matter. She would do this for such long periods of time that the end result was a soaking wet item. GROSS but it was kinda cute!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So is 5 months old too old for him to be a pupppy and to still be doing this and should it concern me since he will jump on your back to try and get to it? We have been telling him no and he is doing better but he still trys to do it at times. Mostly to my daughter now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts