Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have be seeing a trainer & behaviorist to see about advanced training with them , The trainer told me they should be trained to do therapy work, She said that they have both of them the best stable temprament she has ever seen they would be perfect for that work. She works with mostly pitbull & pitbull mixes. So we are starting training june 12th for good citizen cert then on to therapy . This is going to be so much fun i can't wait. She thinks this is a good Idea cause the more dogs they get like this the better it is for the breed to show what they really can be. instead of all the bad stuff. They will represent the good of the breed. i was pleased to say the least. So now the fun begins

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Way to go! You must feel great! Will you post more as you go? I'd love to do the same thing with Harley, but don't know what kind of expense would be involved.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not that expensive I'm starting off at 250.00 and thats for both dogs. and then from there not sure But I get a discount cause I adopted them. We will see how it goes. But Its always good to see these breeds become involved in stuff like this cause its just one more thing in their favor instaed of all this bad rap stuff. Plus we have a lot of medical facilities here that are in need of dogs to do this so it will be good going to take some time and training but in the end will be worth it.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
OOOh, I just realized you're a Masshole Too! (no offense. I've lived here all my life, and just recently heard the phrase for the first time.) Harley is also adopted. She's received no formal training, but I've taught her Sit, Stay, Down, Come, Wait, Leave it, and we're working on Heel (Don't think I'm teaching her this one right B/C she doesn't get it. My Blazer just broke down, and I've already spent $500 this week on it and it's still not fixed :cry: Harley is so calm, almost never barks, loves to train, I just know she'd love this work. And as you said, it's so good to have a positive image for once. Every time we go to the park, or wherever, we get dirty looks, until the kids come. You know how some dogs lay down on their bellies with their legs stretched out straight behind them? This is Harley's favorite "what, I'm just a big baby" pose. Wins 'em over every time. She never breaks pose when the kids approach, not even to steal kisses. Not part of her training, just her natural temperament. I'm so lucky to have found her! :love4:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
That sounds great. I have always wanted to be able to do this type of thing. Like going to nursing homes and children's hospitals with a dog. Too bad Deuce isn't cut out for that line of work. He is way too hyper. Maybe when we get him a sister she will be more appropriate for something like that. We will be more informed in our puppy buying decisions next time around. Good luck and I bet they do awesome.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Hooray for the twins! What a wonderful example they must be. I am so happy and proud for you and the boys. :D

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a suprize to me , But I fiqure the more of them in the posative light the better. So I'm going for it and we will see what happens.
I'll keep you updated.Keep your fingers crossed I know the pups can do it, But I've never done anything like this before so I just hope I can learn what i need to do all the work inbetween at home. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts