Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have anything to say about these guys? I dunno if any of you got your dogs there, but if you did lemme know. If you have anything negative to say lemme know asap (a pm will do) as i am getting my pup from there saturday. I talked to the lady on the phone and all seemed well. The website and the contract were good, imho. I am gonna see in person (i think that is the right thing to do) even though it is a 3 hour trip there 6 hour round. so tell me what you know ppl, i am depedning on you.

http://www.hammerheadkennels.net/

if nothing else i will return with a full report on satuday night

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
they're dogs are pretty...thats about it

but i dont see any health testing and they had two litters only a couple weeks apart from each other...thats not very responsible..

just from lookin at their website I wouldnt personally buy from them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Any breeder that accepts credit cards is not a good one!

The style of their dogs is not consistant either... Makes me wonder if they are breeding to a standard or not?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
kogeki said:
Does anyone else think this dog does not look like a full OEB?

Nope not to me it doesn't.

I was bothered about the credit card thing too. Also by the fact they refer to their dogs as "Olde English Stlye Bulldogges" WTF does that mean?
They dont' health test either.

And an insignificant point - but one Im going to mention anyway, she didn't spell Renascence Bulldogge right which leads me to believe she didn't do any research before posting it to her website. I also wonder is the RB people gave her permission to use the pic she has on her site (I think it's of Gargoyle's Hugo but Im not 100%).

It also appears that she breeds GSD's, Huskies and I thought I saw an AB too. http://www.hammerheadkennels.net/

DogSoldier, I thought you had already reserved that pup? Why is he still listed as "For Sale"?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yep... I see too much variation in type! The dog referenced above looks short in length, but it may be young? Nevermind he is not young...just looked at the DOB. I like the idea of the old style (before they got screwed up) english bulldog... I think that they are falling short in their goal. That first dog on their site is way too thick! Not sure what he is throwing though... my guess it isn't the old style!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Tinkerbell said:
kogeki said:

Nope not to me it doesn't.

I was bothered about the credit card thing too. Also by the fact they refer to their dogs as "Olde English Stlye Bulldogges" WTF does that mean?
They dont' health test either.

And an insignificant point - but one Im going to mention anyway, she didn't spell Renascence Bulldogge right which leads me to believe she didn't do any research before posting it to her website. I also wonder is the RB people gave her permission to use the pic she has on her site (I think it's of Gargoyle's Hugo but Im not 100%).

It also appears that she breeds GSD's, Huskies and I thought I saw an AB too. http://www.hammerheadkennels.net/

DogSoldier, I thought you had already reserved that pup? Why is he still listed as "For Sale"?
i think you can spell it renascence, or Renaissance, i have seen both spellings on many official sites.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
bigut64 said:
i think you can spell it renascence, or Renaissance, i have seen both spellings on many official sites.
Nope, It says right in the description of the RB that it is Renascence not to be confused with the word Renaissance.

The name "Renascence" (not to be confused with the word "Renaissance") means "rebirth".
From the Renascence Bulldogge Kennel Club website. http://www.rbkc.org/

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I would never buy from them, they don't seem to have any real goals in their program, their dogs vary so much, no consistancy. If you look at most good breeders, their is consistany with their dogs. Their goal seems to be to breed OEB's and that is it.

What kinda questions did they ask you? or did you just tell them you wanted a pup, and they are giving you one? That says alot right there. Good breeders are careful who they sell their pups to, they care about the dog, and the future of the breed.

The VISA / MC logo doesn't seem to mean anything, ALOT of good breeders have that on their site now.

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Tinkerbell said:
The name "Renascence" (not to be confused with the word "Renaissance") means "rebirth".
The word "Renaissance" also means "rebirth."
Yeh...that's one thing I've been confused about with Renascence/Renaissance Bulldogge webiste...what IS the difference? they mean the same thing...are they pronounced the same way? kinda hard to tell with the spelling.

No other input...just wondered why they spell it differently, and act like it's a different word, when the definition means the same thing :D

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
mom to many said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Tinkerbell said:
Yeh...that's one thing I've been confused about with Renascence/Renaissance Bulldogge webiste...what IS the difference? they mean the same thing...are they pronounced the same way? kinda hard to tell with the spelling.

No other input...just wondered why they spell it differently, and act like it's a different word, when the definition means the same thing :D
That's what I was wondering. Why does the spelling matter when the two words mean the same thing? (Not trying to be snarky, I'm just curious!)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Tinkerbell said:
bigut64 said:
Nope, It says right in the description of the RB that it is Renascence not to be confused with the word Renaissance.

From Wikipedia "Recently, many people have tried to recreate a breed more akin to the original bullbaiter. Examples of the trend are the Olde Englishe Bulldogge, Renaissance bulldog, Victorian, Continental and Dorset Old Tyme bulldog."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulldog

If you think about it, rebirth bulldog? what does that mean, i think it means rebirth of the origional bulldog, the one from the renaissance era.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
mom to many said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Tinkerbell said:

That's what I was wondering. Why does the spelling matter when the two words mean the same thing? (Not trying to be snarky, I'm just curious!)
For the same reason people get all up in arms about other people calling them Pitt Bulls, Pitbulls or Pittbulls. They all refer to the same type of dog - but Pit Bull is the spelling they were given - not the others. Do any of you roll your eyes when someone spells Pit Bull wrong? And think the person spelling it obviously didn't do any research on the breed because - hell, they can't even spell it right?

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Tinkerbell said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
mom to many said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Tinkerbell said:

For the same reason people get all up in arms about other people calling them Pitt Bulls, Pitbulls or Pittbulls. They all refer to the same type of dog - but Pit Bull is the spelling they were given - not the others. Do any of you roll your eyes when someone spells Pit Bull wrong? And think the person spelling it obviously didn't do any research on the breed because - hell, they can't even spell it right?
But there is no such correct spelling as Pitt Bull or Pitbull or Pittbull. There IS such a spelling as Renaissance. And it means the same thing as Renascence. I was just pointing out (in reference to your post) that Renaissance also means "rebirth" because it seemed like you were implying that only Renascence means rebirth.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Showbull said:
kogeki said:

I see bullmastiff in this dog...weird :?
OEB's are supposed to be 1/6 Bullmastiff, so that might be why. I wonder if this is an F1? The coat and nose both look a bit long, and I think someone else mentioned the body being short. It doesn't look quite proportional with the legs, but pictures can be decieving sometimes...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts