Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 15 month old APBT, who was taken away from his mother at 4 weeks (I know thats crazy huh), well he has a thing for almost sucking on the people he loves hands. It is not a new thing to them, but it seems odd to me. Is that really bad or is that because he was weaned to young?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I had a cat that did that. It sounds like it has developed a self soothing habit. Chloe our cat would suck on anything cloth like shirt, jeans, sheets ect... She never stopped..did it till the day she died! Once she started sucking her purring would get so loud that it sounded like an exhaust system. I don't have any advice? Good Luck

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think anyone minds really. I just wanna make sure that its not some weird dominance thing or something else unhealthy. I def think that it is a soothing thing for him because its not like he is being aggressive when he does it, ya know?

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
I've never heard of a hand sucking dog. Cats, yes. But dogs? I don't think it will be a problem. But what do I know? :)

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Legend did that for awhile. I don't know why either. I thought it was a little strange. lol. But then again he did try and nurse off of my female GSD when I first brought him home! :D

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is really funny cause he is this huge 80 pound APBT and he wants to suck on your hand. That and he gets beat up by my 45 pounder. It is really sweet, he is so gentle.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Clutch sucks sometimes...its wierd though. He comes over and has his licky fit...licks and licks and licks...then all of the sudden you feel a sucking feel. And he does it with his mouth open and just with his tounge (I am being to graphic here :lol: ) He only does it though when he is very excited and in a lick fit. And hes a 95ish lb APBT and its just sooo cute! He doesnt care what it is hand, leg arm...whatever he is crazy licking he'll eventually turn it into crazy sucking if you let him. Wow this post kinda sounds wrong...LOL!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
cfhoftampa said:
Clutch sucks sometimes...its wierd though. He comes over and has his licky fit...licks and licks and licks...then all of the sudden you feel a sucking feel. And he does it with his mouth open and just with his tounge (I am being to graphic here :lol: ) He only does it though when he is very excited and in a lick fit. And hes a 95ish lb APBT and its just sooo cute! He doesnt care what it is hand, leg arm...whatever he is crazy licking he'll eventually turn it into crazy sucking if you let him. Wow this post kinda sounds wrong...LOL!
LOL..Sounds like Legend! But didnt wanna go into details! LMAO!!! :lol: :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have a sucker too!! She doesn't suck on me though...lol...
It is definately a soothing thing here...Lyla ONLY does it when she settles in for the night....sucks on HER blanket for about 15 minutes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts