Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had Harley a short while (less than a month) she is about 7 or 8 months old and currently in heat. We get spayed 1/30 and I can't wait! She knows how to sit (when inside) and I've been trying to get her to lay down, but what I have noticed is when I say stay thats when she lays. I just git her a choker collar today and when I take her outside we have been taking short walks and while on our walks I am trying to teach her to sit on command. She is doing ok with this and when she does do good she gets a treat. One other issue that just came to light as I was writing this post is my special needs son was laying on the floor and she just plopped her butt right down and sat on his chest. I immediatly got up went over to them and gave her a very big no and told her that was bad. I did not put her in her crate as I want to see if she does this again. I sure hope not.

She is a good dog for the most part but I'm curious to know what I should do when she completely ignores me because sometimes she does. What is a good way to get my point across without screaming at her? How do you dicipline your dogs? What is the best way to get her to stay and laydown when I tell her too?

Kelly

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
I don't think your dog isn't listening to you because she's in heat (i think that's what you were implying) cause my spayed female does the same thing. She just ignores me sometimes. I think it's the female dogs, they can be so stubborn sometimes lol. But anyways, a time-out (crate time) is a good idea. I know when I feel like screaming or i'm really frustrated at Abby I put her in the crate and say "time-out" and she knows she's done something bad. Make sure your time-out word is different from the regular non-punishment go in the crate. (it sounds like your dog is being dominant over your son) Maybe have your son do more obedience with her and teach her that your son is higher than her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.