Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to the local pet store last night and was looking at their Wellness foods and such. I brought home a couple of samples, and used a few pieces as training treats for Haus. Turns out he LOVES the stuff, so we may be switching. We've never even tried stacking with Haus, and usually he stands weird. I thought this was pretty good for him! Here's how attentive he was:

And one for fun:

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny that you ask :) We measured him last night out of curiousity. He stands ~18" at the withers(couldn't get a real accurate measure, he kept sitting down!) We also measured the circumference of his chest, a whopping 31"!! :shock:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wow thats so strange :shock: Storm is 17.5" and she looks smaller than that :? Maybe its just in my head :roll: I will have to get a circumfence of her cheast etc, although like ive mentioned shes abit fat at the mo :oops: but thats on her belly not chest so should be fine, shes very deep chested tho, be interesting.
How long is he from base of neck/withers to base of tail?
If i recall correctly Storm is 22", although it is tough, becuase she always sits and trys to lick me :roll: doesnt she understand im trying to get detailed measurements of her :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha! Haus is afraid of the tape measure(not sure why). He's about 24" from withers to base of tail.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
How do you measure how tall? and the chest? and for length? I guess I don't know what wither's is. And also, what is stacking? :?: I feel dumb on this post

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kate said:
How do you measure how tall? and the chest? and for length? I guess I don't know what wither's is. And also, what is stacking? :?: I feel dumb on this post
With Haus, we measure how tall he is from his paw to his shoulder. Wither's is the shoulder. Stacking is how they stand in the show ring. I guess someone who shows could explain it better.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I obviously don't show dogs, but I think I can explain what stacking is. A dog that is standing with his front legs directly underneath his shoulders, his hocks perpendicular to the ground and his legs parellel with the others, and his head straight ahead and parallel to the ground is considered to be stacked. Here's a good example of a free-stacked dog:

Same dog, not free-stacked:

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In my pictures, the only reason he is standing like that is because Dennis had food. That's his attention stance. I've never formally stacked him, or even tried. He's not a show dog. I just thought they were good pictures of how big he is getting, and how nice his outline is. Some may agree, some may disagree. I'd like to get one of him from the front while standing, but he sits down every time!

The last pic shows what lengths he will go to, if he even *thinks* you have a treat in your hand. I had nothing in my hand, just had it up in the air. :shock: My dog is nuts!!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
HausMommy said:
I'd like to get one of him from the front while standing, but he sits down every time!
Have you tried teaching him "stand" yet? I started working on this with Bella a couple of weeks ago, and she's finally getting the hang of it! :)

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not yet. I've been so busy/stressed that I haven't had time to do much training at all. Poor Haus, seems a little depressed himself because I haven't been paying as much attention to him.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:lol: The playdate is ok with me if we could do it Sunday. Dennis has to bowl at 5 since he missed Wednesday night. :) Any time before then would be ok.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.