Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we had some friends over for a bit last night, and they brought over their Rott/Pit mix. His name is Rebel, he's a really pretty dog. Haus and Rebel have played before, but I had never seen Rebel. Dennis had brought Haus over to his friends house one day while I was at work. They played for a little bit. Didn't get many pics because my camera died.

Hey buddy, wanna play?

Hey, that's my kennel! It's not bedtime yet!

Last night was also Haus' first time around a baby. He wasn't quite sure what to do, so he just sat and stared. Kyler(the baby) loved him.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know! I love Rebel! He's the one we were thinking about taking and rehoming because he was too much for the girlfriend to handle. Shane(Dennis' friend) decided to get him fixed and keep him. He's a great dog!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
That's so great that they decided to keep him. I take it he and Haus get along well. Could you pick out the more dominant one between the two?

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definately Haus. But it wasn't an aggressive dominance. I think it had to do with Rebel being on Haus' terf. Haus is also stronger than Rebel. Rebel shares his birthday with Moose, April 1st.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haus and Bella are 2 days older than Rebel. :)

Rebel is taller than Haus, but he's not nearly as wide. He's got some fillin out to do.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Wow...for some reason I was thinking he was going to be 2 soon. He looks ginormous in that first picture. :) He does look skinnier than Haus, though. Rotties and rottie mixes take forever to fill out sometimes. My friends have an almost 2-year-old Rottie female who still looks like a lanky deer! :)

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, he's a cutie! Shane was in the Marines and he was stationed in North Carolina before he went over to Iraq. A friend of his got Rebel and then didn't have time to take care of him. So his friend left him at his mom's house. His mom didn't want to deal with him, so she left him tied up to a tree outside. It was like that for the first 5 months of his life. Shane found out and offered to take Rebel. He brought him home and left him with his girlfriend. Rebel was kept inside for the most part(occasionally he was left outside, so I'm told), but was VERY destructive. That's why the girlfriend was going to get rid of him. Shane is now home for good, and they've had Rebel neutered. The problem is that Shane babies the dog, and the vet told Shane he needs to start being more firm with Rebel. Well, Shane can't seem to do that. Neither Shane, nor his girlfriend are very dominant people.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Cute! Looks like Haus scared Rebel right into the crate lol. That's funny Haus didn't know what to think about the baby so he just stared at him. :lol:

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
He looks like he wants far away from the baby. Faith always stays on the couch when kids are over her she doesn't know for at least the first hour or so. Then she starts to warm up to them. I think she keeps thinking they will go home! :lol:

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
The second pic is hilarious. Haus looks like one of those giant snakes that can unhinge their jaws and eat things that are twice the size of themselves!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts