Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

hi!

i listed 2 Eukanuba dog foods in the sticky above to get scored, since you LOVE doing it so much, could you please let me know?

and again, if it was in the 7 pages i thought i read, just let me know. thanks!

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Lol I've got a couple to score too. I can't do it today though, I've got a house to buy :D

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Ok, after a quick glimpse at the ingredients, I'd say not to feed it. Within the top 3 ingredients there is Corn meal, which is not good, and By product, another no no. The other one has corn meal, but I stopped reading as soon as I saw it. If you go to the first page of that thread, at the bottom of the first post there is a list of foods with scores. I'd recommend Royal Canin, or Diamond Lamb and Rice. The Diamond is what we feed Haus. No corn, no by products.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I feed Kate Royal Canine. You can get it at Petsmart and Petco and they have a bulldog specific forumla

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks Haus!

so go buy a house already, what the heck are you doing on here!!!

okay, so now i have a huge dilemma, i just bought 2 40lb bags for $40 each. i hate to throw it out.

also, Kate, i saw the royal cannin for bulldog breed but it was for 12 months and up, and for EB not AB..... they had no puppy EB food

and no adult AB food, they had Boxer and German Shepard....

what to do???? :(

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
I switched H & K to Authority Large Breed Puppy since the DVP Duck & Potato was hard to come by. They love it, and it's available at PetsMart. I think about $24 for a 40 pound bag.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
snarky, if you've already opened the bags and can't return them, you could donate them to a shelter or rescue group. Easiest thing to do is probably just drop by Petsmart or Petco on a Saturday, and ask whichever group is there if they would like the food. People do that with us all the time.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
augrad said:
snarky, if you've already opened the bags and can't return them, you could donate them to a shelter or rescue group. Easiest thing to do is probably just drop by Petsmart or Petco on a Saturday, and ask whichever group is there if they would like the food. People do that with us all the time.
good idea augrad!! do you think the vet's office would take it, i have an appt with them on Saturday....

i guess if not, i'll head to the local shelter. thanks for the great idea!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
snarky said:
thanks Haus!

so go buy a house already, what the heck are you doing on here!!!

okay, so now i have a huge dilemma, i just bought 2 40lb bags for $40 each. i hate to throw it out.

also, Kate, i saw the royal cannin for bulldog breed but it was for 12 months and up, and for EB not AB..... they had no puppy EB food

and no adult AB food, they had Boxer and German Shepard....

what to do???? :(
Well one good thing is that you need to switch food slowly, so its good that you have some food left over. If you want to finish up that food before switching it is okay, it isn't going to harm them. then when you are getting low on food start mixing half and half and then slowly adding more of the good food.

It is not a NECESSITY to feed a puppy puppy food... some people even disagree with it saying that it makes their bones grow too fast cause bad structure. So don't worry about that.

I feed kate the boxer forumla... it is recommended for pit bulls and those 2 and the AB's have more of the like body structure then with the EB. Kate lovessss it!

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
I agree with what Kate's mom said. We fed Haus puppy food until he was about 7 months old(I think). Then we switched him to the Adult food. It's really just a personal preference. I think the Royal Canin Bulldog formula would be ok for Baylee.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Actually the Large Breed Puppy brands are specially formulated to slow their growth to protect them from joint problems, also usually adding glucosamine and chondroitin supplements for joint care. Now I am starting to wonder if I should STOP feeding them this because APBTs aren't really a "large" breed. It says for dogs who will be over 55 pounds at maturity. Koa is already that size and still growing, but Heaven is petite. I think I am gonna have to switch them to something else. I'd hate to give them adult formulas though, they are still growing puppies.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I'm feeding the munchkin adult food, and she has doubled her weight in a week and a half. I'm not so sure that adult formulas slow the growth. :shock: :wink: :D

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
LuvaBULL said:
I'd hate to give them adult formulas though, they are still growing puppies.
High quality kibble such as DVP Natural Balance, Canidae, etc. are formulated to be suitable for all life stages. (You just have to feed puppies up to twice as much as adults of the same weight.) You could always supplement with Glucosamine. I'm thinking of switching Bella from the regular Missing Link to the Missing Link that has Glucosamine and Chondroitin in it. Bella has been on an adult formula food for about 4 months now and seems to be doing very well. From what I can tell, her growth has been steady.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts