Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a wierd question...but I need an answer!

To start off...my grandmother just adopted a 5 year old shitzu(sp...I know). They took it to the vet Monday for a check up. The dog is a male and is not neutered. As the vet was looking the dog over he said he had an anomaly...that his testicles are in a line instead of side by side and in the future when she does get him fixed, it can make the surgery more dificult.

Now the only reason I am concerned is that Clutch's testicles are in a line too. One in front of the other. Is this really an anomaly? Is there something wrong with him? Or was this vet just jerking her chain? I have tried looking info up on line but have found nothing. Anyone ever heard of this before?

·
Registered
175 Posts
If both testicles are fully discended I wouldn't worry about it. I can't honestly see a problem with the location.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kismet said:
If both testicles are fully discended I wouldn't worry about it. I can't honestly see a problem with the location.
Yes...both his are discended. I never really noticed anything until my g-ma pointed it out. I always thought they were supposed to be like that...he has sucj big thighs I dont see how he could manage if they weren't in a line.

Isnt this funny...talking dog balls!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The pups are starting in a line, very small, but a line(lol)

But I have seen both, and havent heard anything.

My peke was nuetered as a baby because one didnt drop, but other then that!

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
I think it will be okay... I mean, all they do is open the sac and "snip snip" then sew them back up, right? Probably is ok!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I've always thought that was pretty normal for dogs. Mine have always been neutered so I don't have a lot of experience with this. But it seems like in a lot of pics, they look like they are in line. Not that I'm checking out dog's balls, but it just seems like that wouldn't be a very big deal. :lol: Imagine if humans had that problem! That could be weird.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Well I doubt when guys sit down with their legs kind of crossed, if they stay side-by-side? :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I know this sounds weird but human balls and dog balls alot different lol. When Hank was a pup his were in a line, but as he got older they are side by side now, and we were looking in to getting him neutered(this being when they were in a line) and the vet never mentioned anything about it being bad.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay...so I guess its no big deal. It never stood out to me as something wrong...I always thought it was the way they were supposed to go! LOL! Nice topic!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts