Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy, and what do you think of him? We are seriously thinking about getting Dozer into some sort of training. I am completely new at this, so I don't know what to look for in somebody. Hubby really wants to start working him, and this guy is only about 15 minutes away from us. I don't want to go to him if he is not worth a crap just because he is close by. Thanks

http://www.emmanuel-kennels.com/id26.html

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Marry I don't see anyone's name or link

·
Registered
790 Posts
He looks good.

From what I can see, it seems he knows what he is doing.

Now, he trains with malinois. Many trainers who train malinois are very poor at training bulldogs. So, just ask him if he has any experience. He may be awesome, he may be lousy. Bulldogs are a whole new game compared to a shepard breed.

Also, be realistic about your goals. You really do not have the breed to to the work. Enjoy anyways.

How far away are you from Oroville? If you can, I would highly recommend going to Lucillano Oliva. He knows bulldogs and he can bring out stuff you never thought your dog ever had. It will be worth the 2 hour drive each way. http://www.norcalk9academy.moonfruit.com/
He is one of the best trainers out there. Period. Especially of bulldogs and protection work.

Just did a mapquest distance. 2 hours exactly. Good luck. I envy you.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Truthfully, I would be pleased if I just wound up with a dog that listened! I know not to set to big of goals for him. I will do what you said and call and talk to him about his experience with bulldogs.

We have had a couple "issues" with him that I am pretty sure can be fixed. He is a good dog, just very stubborn and I need somebody that can properly evaluate him.

If this guy is not what we are looking for, I will definately make the drive to Oroville...

Thanks Peter!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts