Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A couple months ago, my dog started getting these head tremors where his head bobs up and down uncontrollably and rapidly. I took him to the vet and they did some tests and everything came back fine. Well, they decided to put him on phenobarb, and said that this is something he would have to be on for the rest of his life.

This got me worried, so I posted on another dog forum this problem. Someone over there said that it is common in bulldogs and that I should give him honey when he does this. This person also said that the phenobarb will not work for this problem. I followed her advice. I called my vet and told him that I decided not to do the phenobarb-I am happy with the decision because I don't want my poor guy on meds for the rest of his life.

Anyway, he still gets them about once a week. They occur late at night. Does anyone else experience this with their dog, and if so, do you know what causes it? My vet never heard of this before and I've never heard of anyone else having this experience before. It is not a full blown seizure-it's just in the head and he is able to walk and stuff. Thank you.

Liz and her dog, Bogart.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.