Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dogs do not like the heat?!?! I try to walk them and after about 15 minutes they will lay down in the grass. This morning(when it was a TOUCH cooler) I walked Max and he actually laid down in the road!! It is so hot and humid that I am afraid I will overdo it. Are they just being big air conditioning spoiled babies or is the heat and humidity getting to them??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honey, I wish!! When I get the hose out all of them run the other way. They hate it!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,911 Posts
Haus is the same way about the heat, he hates it. He gets very sick to his stomach if he gets too hot. He also hates the hose!

I would suggest taking walks pre-dawn and post-dusk, when the sun's rising or setting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am gonna try it tonight after it starts getting dark.I am not scared to walk at night and they spray our neighborhood for mosquitos so as long as they like it everything will work perfectly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,423 Posts
Anything over 70 degrees and Chopper is done. He can't take heat too well. We usually take them swimming or wait until after the sun goes down to walk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
790 Posts
You guys are hilarious........

this is getting ridiculous. You baby your dogs too much. Keep your dogs in shape and heat will not be a problem.

hahahah. Get your dogs some ice cream. Maybe that will make it better.

:lol:

Sorry. Sorry. I just find this funny. I don't know why.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,423 Posts
Sorry, guess my dog's a wuss. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,607 Posts
vaughndyer1 said:
My dogs do not like the heat?!?! I try to walk them and after about 15 minutes they will lay down in the grass. This morning(when it was a TOUCH cooler) I walked Max and he actually laid down in the road!! It is so hot and humid that I am afraid I will overdo it. Are they just being big air conditioning spoiled babies or is the heat and humidity getting to them??
Girl, I feel your pain! This TN humidity is the worst!!! :?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,365 Posts
vaughndyer1 said:
Honey, I wish!! When I get the hose out all of them run the other way. They hate it!!!
I feel your paint..its tooo funny...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,110 Posts
took biz for a walk today
he was panting so hard when we got back i filled the tub with cool (not cold) water and let him lay in it
cooled him off quick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,321 Posts
it dont matter how hot and humid it is Champ is ready to rock. Its been high 80s and like 90% hummiditty all weekend and Champ has been going through trails ad running around the cabin like crazy. He does his pantin when hes done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
I keep a kiddie pool in the back yard for them to play in when it is hot. And it gets very hot here!! They love the water, and I don't have time to play with them and the hose all day. Zack would jump in the pool with the kids every time I would fill it up. So, I just got the dogs their own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,279 Posts
coco said:
I keep a kiddie pool in the back yard for them to play in when it is hot. And it gets very hot here!! They love the water, and I don't have time to play with them and the hose all day. Zack would jump in the pool with the kids every time I would fill it up. So, I just got the dogs their own.
Thats what I am gonna do,get a kiddi pool that is.It has been so humid here that all the dogs are doing is panting non stop.I stuck a box fan right in front of Busters crate to help keep him cool but I think the AC will be going on today.I have also been giving a lot of ice cubes and making sure they have plenty of water.I dont do to much playing with them during the day just because it is too hot so I wait till the evening hours when it is less humid.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top