Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been pretty hot here so we've been getting alot of our excercise by swimming. Chico refuses to get anywhere near the pool so I take him on walks at night but Heidi has found her new passion! Watch out all you lab owners.....Heidi could be the next dock diving Champion! :wink: First, we need to work on getting her to keep her mouth shut while she swims. She must take about 5 pee breaks while we're at my parent's house from all the water she's drinkin in their pool! Anyways, I hope you enjoy the videos!
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=5A5BBC126654EB9C
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=80EB5D373ECD4884

Look at that form...she's a natural!

she's not scared to get her face wet!!!

she just looks so happy when she's at the pool. I love it!!!

the best part is when we get home and she collapses. I get some nice peace to myself!

And of course, Chico's always an angel. :wink:

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cookies Mom said:
that looks like fun!
It's really fun because I always wanted a dog that I could swim with when I was younger and all of my dogs were always terrified of water. The only problem now is that Heidi scratches the crap out of you in the pool. She gets this insane adrenaline rush from the excitement I guess. The other day, I was gonna swim under water to the deep end to see what she would do. Within about 2 seconds of me pushing off, I was slammed to the bottom with Heidi on my back! She pounced on me like a mountain lion. My mom thinks she was trying to save me......I guess I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. LOL

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Chico.Heidi said:
Cookies Mom said:
that looks like fun!
It's really fun because I always wanted a dog that I could swim with when I was younger and all of my dogs were always terrified of water. The only problem now is that Heidi scratches the crap out of you in the pool. She gets this insane adrenaline rush from the excitement I guess. The other day, I was gonna swim under water to the deep end to see what she would do. Within about 2 seconds of me pushing off, I was slammed to the bottom with Heidi on my back! She pounced on me like a mountain lion. My mom thinks she was trying to save me......I guess I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. LOL
OMG, that is to funny,silly dog.Those pics are great.Cant wait to see what Buster thinks of the water :D

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
She looks like she's having the time of her life!

I know about getting scratched! Our dos are all water dogs (Sadie the least). Our dog Spooky was the biggest fish ever. We would throw all kinds of stuff in that would sink and she'd dive deeep down to get them and bring them back and put stuff in a neat pile, lol. And when we would make her stay out because she would get so tired we thought she would sink (we'd be at the lake), she would cry and cry to go back in the water. She was such a ham.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Chico.Heidi said:
Lol! That looks like lots of fun. Good for Heidi, too, swimming is probably the best exercise for them since there's no pressure on the joints.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Teehee. What fun! I wish my guys liked my pool, but they hate it. It's an above ground, so it's not like they can walk in and out - it's all or nothing. Guess we'll have to try the river instead. :D

·
Registered
722 Posts
LOL!! That's awesome! Heidi looks like she's in heaven!

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Oh yay! Another american bulldog that loves water! Actually, Abby doesn't like it that much, except for cooling off. Nothing better than going for a nice long hike and swimming in the pond, she says. As for bath time, whole nother story. :lol:

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
I love looking at pictures of dogs swimming! They look like they're in heaven. That's too bad that Chico doesn't like swimming. It would be such great exercise for his HD.
It's kinda weird with dogs. It seems like they either love it or they hate it. Well Chico absolutley hates water. Heidi went in on her own when she was a puppy. She just decided that she was gonna be a swimmer. I tried to take Chico in when he was little. He was humiliated and angry with me and now he hides in the house when he sees me go in the pool. I was really gentle with him and held him the whole time but I guess it was just a bad experience for him. On the HD boards I've been going on, a lot of people do water therapy with their dogs. They claim that the dogs love the water treadmills. I really don't see that as being an option for Chico without some really strong sedatives!!! :shock: I wish he was a little easier sometimes, he's very bull-headed!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well I wish Titus would either hate it or like it... he fell in the pool when we took the winter cover off and it freaked him out so bad that now when anyone tries to jump in the pool he blocks their path so they can not get in the pool. He will pace around the pool whimpering and whining and if you get too close to the edge (especially my kids) he tries to pull them out by their hair.... it is actually kinda funny but then again it hurts when he yanks your hair..I will have to get a video of him doing it.... just as soon as I figure out the video feature on my camera...LOL!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts