Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heidi is acting almost completely better today! It's amazing how fast she is snapping back. Chico's absolutely ecstatic! I took some pics of her this afternoon. You can see she's got that twinkle back in her eyes.

She was having some slight tremors in her head and neck earlier while she was sleeping but they don't seem to be painful. From what I read, this could be a permanent thing. Also, the vet called me with some new blood results and she may have acute pancreatitis. She said not to worry too much because usually if it is brought on by trauma, it should go away within a couple of days. She gets to eat lean turkey and chicken now so I guess she'll be spoiled for a while!

Here is a clip of Heidi playing with a ball of twine she stole from me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4cBp_ga8g4

She holds her head completely normal again!

This is your brain on drugs!

They keep secrets from me!

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Awww, she does look like she's feeling better!! Does she want to eat? I just asked because my patients with pancreatitis don't even want to look at food, they're too nauseated. Don't know if it's the same for dogs, but I'm sure she had some appetite changes with all the stuff that's been going on.

That clip was too cute. She'll be tackling Chico before you know it!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Your dogs look so happy! :D

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Wow. I just went and read that post about Heidi! Sorry to hear about her troubles but I am glad she is doing better! That must have been very traumatic for everyone involved!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lisa said:
Wow. I just went and read that post about Heidi! Sorry to hear about her troubles but I am glad she is doing better! That must have been very traumatic for everyone involved!
It was the worst day of my life. I'm just really happy that she is at home now and feeling pretty good! It's amazing how strong these dogs have a will to survive.

LuvaBull said:
Does she want to eat? I just asked because my patients with pancreatitis don't even want to look at food, they're too nauseated. Don't know if it's the same for dogs, but I'm sure she had some appetite changes with all the stuff that's been going on.
She's been eating pretty good. I've been cooking her ground turkey with barly and steamed veggies with yogurt. The yogurt is the only way she'll eat the veggies! I don't usually give them a lot of grain but I guess it helps for pancreatitis. She is taking Pepcid A/d and then two prescriptions for nausea and diahrea so I think she's feeling pretty good. She was vommiting some yellow stuff which I guess is common. Sorry to be graphic!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pitchic27 said:
UGH AMBER! Your going through it lately! So glad she is feeling better, just let my husband know about Chico and he was so heartbroken for him...and now Heidi drama as well! So glad she's doing better! :!:
Ya, I think we've got a curse on us or something! :twisted: My husband also blew a tire on the freeway and almost rolled his truck! The bills are just rolling in! :roll:

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
YAY Heidi!!! I'm soooo happy to hear about her recovery and see these great looking pictures! She is so strong. And sweet sweet Chico!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts