Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got home from the hospital and are so happy to have our baby back! Heidi's exhausted, but very happy to be back with us and Chico. Chico is being very sweet and gentle with her and he hasn't left her side since she came in the door. Heidi is doing very well considering everything she has been through. She is still having some problems with her bladder control. If that doesn't get better in the next day or so, they want to do another ultrasound. Also, she keeps her head real low to the ground and doesn't seem to look up at all. We're hoping this is from all the meds. This is a pic from tonight. Chico is her bodyguard right now. I informed him that her must bark loudly anytime she seems to need help! So far he's barked nonstop since she came home! :roll:

·
Super Moderator
16,005 Posts
Good boy Chico. So glad she is home. The meds probably are making her
feel down, but she has gone through alot and it will take some time
for her system to feel happy again. Poor Heidi, just want to cradle her
and make her feel better.
:love7:

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
YAY!! What a great way to start my day! I bet Chico missed her bunches. I'm sure the meds are making her a little loopy. I know with any of my dogs (in the past) anytime they've been given meds or been sedated it takes a few days to wear off completely.

Postsome more pics when Heidi is feeling up to it!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Glad to hear she is home. I haven't been on here much so I missed all of why she was there. Hope she is doing better soon.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
So gald to see her home!!! That really made my day. Keep an eye on her. I don't mean to dampen your spirits but that head drooping really concerns me. I'm sure if it's something to be worried about your vet will let you know. Give her a big ol' hug from me and my gang. (and to Chico too, for being such a good big brother!) :D

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Okay I just found the post about her. I am soooooo sorry Amber!!!! I am glad she got better!!! That had to be scary! You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!!!! Give her a hug for me!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I'm SO HAPPY Heidi is home safe. She should start t feel better just by being home with all her family. Chico is such a good boy to not leaving her side.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Welcome home, Heidi!! If she did suffer some neurological damage, have faith that they DO eventually improve. I've seen animals with SEVERE brain damage, and 2-3 mos later, you can barely tell anything happened. Good luck, I'm sure she will do fine -- she's a fighter!

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Oh poor Hiedi! I hope she feels better soon and back to her normal self. I just want to cuddle her and give her a big hug in that picture. Chico seems to be doing a good job watching over her.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LuvaBULL said:
Welcome home, Heidi!! If she did suffer some neurological damage, have faith that they DO eventually improve. I've seen animals with SEVERE brain damage, and 2-3 mos later, you can barely tell anything happened. Good luck, I'm sure she will do fine -- she's a fighter!
thanks, that is encouraging! I just want to snuggle with her all day, but I'm trying to give her some space. I don't think she wants to be bothered right now. It's so hard to leave her alone though!

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Chico.Heidi said:
LuvaBULL said:
thanks, that is encouraging! I just want to snuggle with her all day, but I'm trying to give her some space. I don't think she wants to be bothered right now. It's so hard to leave her alone though!
I know this is totally different, but my ex's cat was hit by a car and had a brain hemorrhage. When he came home from the hospital, he was the SAME way! He would hiss, bite, didn't want to be touched or messed with. Any damage to the brain can affect personality and cause agitation or irritability. After about 2 mos, the cat was just as loving (if not more) than he used to be. He's still blind in one eye, but he learned how to eat, walk, and PEE all over again, and now you'd never know the difference. At one point Andrew had to manually express his bladder, syringe-feed him, and the cat couldn't walk -- kinda walked like a drunk who was spinning in circles. No coordination. Now he runs and plays and does all the things he used to do. It just takes time! Animals (especially young ones) are VERY resilient!

·
Registered
410 Posts
you know if you leave the board for a few days you miss a life of info and messages.... I just caught up with all that has gone on and I am glad to see that Heidi is back home and doing better....hope she continues to get better each day...keep us updated!!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
LuvaBULL said:
Chico.Heidi said:
LuvaBULL said:
I know this is totally different, but my ex's cat was hit by a car and had a brain hemorrhage. When he came home from the hospital, he was the SAME way! He would hiss, bite, didn't want to be touched or messed with. Any damage to the brain can affect personality and cause agitation or irritability. After about 2 mos, the cat was just as loving (if not more) than he used to be. He's still blind in one eye, but he learned how to eat, walk, and PEE all over again, and now you'd never know the difference. At one point Andrew had to manually express his bladder, syringe-feed him, and the cat couldn't walk -- kinda walked like a drunk who was spinning in circles. No coordination. Now he runs and plays and does all the things he used to do. It just takes time! Animals (especially young ones) are VERY resilient!
That's good to hear. hopefully Heidi's on her way to a complete recovery! :D

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
YEAH HEIDI!!! I'm so glad she's home and doing better!!! Give Chico a big hug and kiss to let him know how much of an awesome little brother he's being!!! :D

·
Registered
735 Posts
I must have missed something, but I hope she has a speedy recovery! (((hugs)))

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I was wondering what was happening with her! I'm so glad she's okay (and i'm sure you are too!)

·
Registered
722 Posts
How did I miss this?! It's sooo nice to see Heidi is back home and doing much better. Give her a big hug for me!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts