Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heidi's doing incredibly well today. She hasn't had any accidents in over 24 hours so we think her bladder is pretty much back to normal. YAY!!! I think being back home and around Chico has encouraged her to act a little more like a dog again. She's even chewing on a bully stick a little right now! They want me to take her on small walks and let her do whatever she wants. Basically, just let her set the pace. I'm just amazed at how well she is doing. She's still a bit weak and exhausted but she's eating a little and that's a good thing. Here are some pics from this morning. We went on a short walk down the street and back so she was pretty pooped. It's in the 90's here!!! I can't take it!

My neighbor was peeking over the fence to see how she was doing. I think that is why she is looking over there.

She's still having a little trouble with her head and neck but it seems to be improving.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Oh my, I haven't been on here in a week I just now read what happened to poor Heidi (and you!) I almost lost it when I started reading the other thread, and I'm so glad to hear that she pulled through this ordeal. Thank GOD! I know how you feel about Heidi and Chico being more than just your dogs. I don't know how I would cope if anything like this happened to Rocco or Chloe. Heidi is such a strong spirit! Man what a roller coaster of emotions I just went through reading that, I'm spent!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I'm glad she's doing well! If only all neighbors would want to make sure our doggies are doing well, creepy...yet flattering.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LifeIsDaPits said:
I'm glad she's doing well! If only all neighbors would want to make sure our doggies are doing well, creepy...yet flattering.
We got really lucky with those neighbors. They're in their early thirties and just had a baby. They also got their dogs around the time we got Heidi and Chico. I've had to catch one of their dogs running down the street before. We kinda look out for eachother. It's nice to live next to such great people.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I had a great neighbor like that - he moved to FL. :( But I'm glad to see Heidi's well on her way to recovery! Such good news. Looks like Chico's not moving too far from her side.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
augrad said:
I had a great neighbor like that - he moved to FL. :( But I'm glad to see Heidi's well on her way to recovery! Such good news. Looks like Chico's not moving too far from her side.
Honestly, I think she's starting to get a little irritated with Chico. He's smothering her. You can see in the pics how he got up on the recliner and squished her against the back rest! He's also been trying to get on the same bed as her. He practically lays on top of her. It's really funny! She is doing really great though.

·
Registered
940 Posts
So good to hear she is improving as the days go on. That was quite a scare.
As I was looking at the pics, I was wondering how her head was, and then, voila, you answered my question with the next picture!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Purplesauerous said:
So good to hear she is improving as the days go on. That was quite a scare.
As I was looking at the pics, I was wondering how her head was, and then, voila, you answered my question with the next picture!
It sort of looks like she has a pulled muscle or a pinched nerve in her neck. It's like her range of motion is not quite right. Also, when she gets excited or needs to focus on something, her eyes get really big and her head trembles pretty badly. I'm hoping this improves, it seems painful. The vet said they didn't feel that she was having any pain in her neck but I'm gonna have them check again when she goes back in a couple of days.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
It's great to see Heidi and Chico is funny about not leaving her side. She looks good and relaxed at home. Even my husband is VERY glad to hear that Heidi is doing better everyday. Give her a hug and snugglings from me.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
debs said:
It's great to see Heidi and Chico is funny about not leaving her side. She looks good and relaxed at home. Even my husband is VERY glad to hear that Heidi is doing better everyday. Give her a hug and snugglings from me.
tell your husband that we really appreciate his concern for Heidi. Heidi is such a popular girl these days! :wink:

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Purplesauerous said:
Any improvement on her head?

I wonder if massage therapy would work?
Everyday, she seems to improve a bit. She's definitly feeling better, she even tried to rough-house with Chico a little this morning! Her head isn't trembling anymore so that's good. She doesn't really let me massage her too much so it's kinda hard. She was like that before though. Teenagers!!! :roll: It may sound kinda weird but I think letting her chew on a bully stick for about 10minutes at a time is helping her. Kind of like physical therapy! It seems to be helping her with her range of motion.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I am so happy to hear she's doing better! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts