Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello well As you see im new I just adopted my first pet she is a AB... so i will be looking for alot of help this is my first pet of my own when i was growing up my parents had a terrier. i will be adding image of my new pet friend could you all look her over tell me is how she looks....like is she under wieght over or just any idea about getting ready for her one plus is that she is crate trained......they say she sometimes make mistakes....alos what i have seen is she must have not had a lot of time around people or she is just hyper because she like to jump on people is this common she really just being friendly thou.........I have enrolled her in obedience classes starting the first of the month SPCA told me I should so do this.....And it way farily inexpensive..........

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your adoption! I beleave you find this forum to be extremely helpful! Since this is your first bully you will find them (her) to be quite different than other breeds! You will find her to be extremely loving, loyal and most of all bullheaded. Don't let this be discouraging, when it comes to training. You will come to find they pick up quickly on commands as long as you make it fun and interesting to them. The most important thing to learn with them is that you must become the (as they say the "Alpha dog") dominent one. On this forum you can find help with training, health, food everything from A-Z. So if you have a question just ask someone will always be willing to help! Anyway Welcome and Congrats on your new baby. By the way she is beautiful and to answer you question about is she at a good weight, your vet would be the best person to answer that question. But in my eyes she looks good!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We went to the vet the day I got her I enrolled her in the banfield program is that a good program? and opn her wieght the Vet said she looks great she 10-11 months.. and that she will put more wieght on not much but that she in done growing inhieght just she would get a little broader..

Feeding question SPCA were feeding her PRO PLAN puppy is this a good brand and alos when do i stop feed her puppy food........Sorry I will be asking alot of question..........

Thx in ADVANCE

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Go to the health / exercise section and you will find a posty for food.It has all been rated and scored so you shouldn't have any troubles finding a good food. By the age of 1 is when you can take her off of puppy food but many here have made that switch sooner and never had any problems.Cant wait to see more pictures of here.She is really cute.Good luck with her.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
She's very beatiful! Welcome to the forum. Yes, the health and exercise section has a whole lot of information about dog foods. I'm pretty sure Purina Proplan is not good food so I would stop feeding it. Make sure the food you feed doesn't have any by-products in it, by products are grownded up bones and dont contain any meat at all. A lot of rice or corn in the ingredients isn't good either so look for that. I personally reccomend, Wellness, Natural Balance, Sensible Choice, and Royal Canin foods. I know Sensible Choice has good puppy food. There's more but that's all I can think of that you can buy at Petco or one of those. Again, congratz on the new pup and hope to see you on the board more often.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts