Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, first time poster. I was wondering what everyone's opinions are of the dogs featured on this site?

http://www.jr-abs.com/

I'd be really interested in hearing from the individuals who work their dogs like Pete C and many others. Interested in getting into some sports, wondering if these dogs are bred appropriately. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I don't work any dogs, but I know a bit about pedigrees, and so far so good while looking at them.

Hines, Boyd, old MGK, SureGrip, heck - even got some Oden in there.
I would definately ask for an NCL test, especially if Moleque is in there.

If you're looking for a pup, I would definately screen the litter from the time they are born right until they ask for picks (which is usually around 5-6 weeks). If you can see the dogs in person, that's even better. I would not order pups online simply for the fact that I don't trust a soul. I need to see the dogs in person.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I think they are quite nice.

They are typical california standard dogs.

Pedigree wise, they are a bit all over the place. However, it seems like, from the pedigrees, that he is in the VERY early stages of producing some nice dogs.

I heard Jeff R was a straight up guy. I am sure if you tell him EXACTLY what you are looking for and especially if you belong to a training club, he will get you what you need.

See, all that stuff 4-5 generations ago. It means very little. Look at the parents and grandparents. Make sure they were ALL amazing. The thing is this. If you want to play..........go for dogs that have already done it. This way, you have no guesswork or disappointments.

You want to do schutzhund, get a brox or coal son. If you want to do french ring, get an ODEN daughter. If you want to to PSA, go to Lucillano oliva. If you want to kick as# in the show ring, you go to Boyd, R Shaw, Bybees, or Dailey.

See, the only problem is, many dogs are campagned like politicians. So they get a reputation and some are touted as a real banger. I even had one very well known breeder that told me that they will guarantee the dog will destroy me. I wanted this to be true. Well, the dog has had training, but what kind? Well, the thing is, PSA decoys are there to intimidate and pressure your dog. I pressured very very little. This dog expected me to be a bite toy, as per usual. He ran away from the field, scared. I almost bred that dog to my BST bitch. CRAZY. Never go by rep or pedigree is the moral of the story. Go by the trainers who trained the sire and dame. Buy a pup PROVEN in what you want to do. Figure that out first.

·
Registered
790 Posts
no.

he does not have a website. pm me for his phone number, if you wish. However, he will insist that you come and see the dogs in person, so that you know what you are getting into.

GREAT trainer. GREAT breeder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.