Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post an amazing success story so far. I am 27 years old, and I have never owned a dog. My boyfriend has had dogs his whole life, and after a year together, my friend found a beautiful American Bull Dog. She was running the streets, and she was missing a great deal of her hair. Underweight and with a back full of scabs, my friend nabbed her and took her to the vet. The vet tested her skin to make sure she didn't have a more serious problem and checked her out. She is very healthy and about 12 months old.

I agreed to take her, and it has been great ever since. For a dog that was obviously overexposed and/or abused, she is wonderful. She loves her crate, and she has only had two accidents in the house. We are taking her to get fixed, and we love her with all our hearts. I couldn't have asked for more in a beautiful loving dog. Also, she loves our roommates Old English. They play together so well. So, its a great match for us.

I just wanted to share the story. I got her on Thanksgiving, and I can't imagine life without her now.

-Jess

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Welcome and what a wonderful thing you have done! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Welcome to the best forum around. Please post pictures of her. Glad you were able to save a life.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yes, ABs are the best dogs around and I hear ya, i couldn't imagine life without an AB. Please post some pictures, we'd love to see what your baby looks like!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally- I got a digital camera

Here's my AB Mena and her best friend Howie. I finally got the camera and software I needed.

·
Registered
586 Posts
They are BOTH beautiful dogs!

Welcome to the forum! It looks like Mena has recovered fully in your care. She is lucky to have you! :hello1:

Bridget

·
Registered
33 Posts
you need a medal kiss and cuddel that is the best thing you could of doen and the world needs more ppl like you it is a nice looking dog

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations on getting your first AB!! Thank you for saving such a gentle soul.
This is your first AB, but it won't be your last :lol:
You are going to have many great years ahead!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
American Bulldogs

I already want to rescue another. I was looking at the pictures of your dogs. Cookies and Cream that's awesome. And Bella Blue is such a beautiful dog. Fina so cute. I can't believe how you can really tell that they are all the same kind of dog. I've been reading everything I can. I love bullys!

Here is a link to another dog I saw for adoption.... http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6153815

He's got a skin problem too, but I'm sure my boyfriend and I could help him. I'll have to do some more research and go see him. --Jess

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Good luck your dog is precious ........Tora is my 1st AB and I don't think I will ever own another breed again LOL except for my Chihuahua

·
Registered
32 Posts
HI Jess, your gal looks great! I am the rescuer of the pup you just posted. His name is Sebastian, aka Lil Tank. I sent you an application today.

I hope to get some updated pics of him for everyone, he is very sweet, but oh such a handful! :)

Kelly on this board is a volunteer also, so its great to meet you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts