Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently liberated a 10 wk old pitbullxamerican bulldog pup from bad people.She was reasonably healthy but had white nails. After a few weeks on puppy kipple I decided to feed her on raw food and gave her meaty bones and whole farm reared chickens.She went from inhaling kibble and charging around the house like a madthing only stopping to chew furniture and deposit tons of loose poo or puddles of pee, to chewing chickens all day :D .She chews bones and sleeps.When she wakes up I put her outside where she does a couple of white poos and a couple of pees then gets back to chewing bones or sleeping.Im never feeding my dogs on processed food again.My mates got a male from the same litter and hes tiny at the side of midge(my bitch) especialy in the upper body and neck.Anyone else feed their puppies bones?

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
My EB girl is on Innova puppy, a recent (1 month) switch from DVP. They get raw chicken on a regular basis, in fact, I have some thighs thawing out now...

Her poo is soft normally, when I feed more raw bones she firms up very nicely. I have been contemplating going entirely raw with her, I think she has a very sensitive digestive trac, and the only time she firms up, is with RMB's or pumpkin.

Yes, I agree, Raw diets are awesome. NuVet Labs has a nice probiotic/mineral/fatty acid supplement that compliments raw diets nicely. You can get a 3 month supply for 58 bucks, and can get on the auto ship, so you don't ever have to worry about it.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Congrats on the rescue! I'm a firm believer in the natural diet. I've been feeding my dogs raw for about 6 mos. now and they are thriving on it. I was going to mention to you that white poop= too much bone. You need to keep her bone content down to 10%, especially with a growing puppy. If not, she can develop some serious joint/ skeletal issues. That would be horrible. :cry:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Chico.Heidi said:
Congrats on the rescue! I'm a firm believer in the natural diet. I've been feeding my dogs raw for about 6 mos. now and they are thriving on it. I was going to mention to you that white poop= too much bone. You need to keep her bone content down to 10%, especially with a growing puppy. If not, she can develop some serious joint/ skeletal issues. That would be horrible. :cry:
i'm thinking of switching patch to raw. he loves raw meaty bones.
what supplements do u have to give raw eaters though?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Patch said:
Chico.Heidi said:
i'm thinking of switching patch to raw. he loves raw meaty bones.
what supplements do u have to give raw eaters though?
For a healthy dog, the only supplements that you really need to add are fish oil and vitamin E. The rest of the essential nutrients can all come from the diet.I add other stuff because I have a "special needs" dog! A really good site to check out is www.dogaware.com Go to the dog feeding section. That site is amazing for people that don't feed raw too. Also, a great group to join is the yahoo group called barf- lite. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more about it!

·
Registered
182 Posts
massageprincess02 said:
I have an english bulldog and we dont feed her processed kibble all the time. we feed her a half a cup kibble and 1 raw egg for breakfast. we feed her 1 cup raw hamburger and 1 cup plain yogurt for dinner.
you might want to add a few things to that diet.
It's not balanced at all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.