Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got an American Bulldog and he will be 4 months on Nov. 20th I know it is way to early now but and I was wondering when is the time to start breeding?

[/quote]

·
Registered
634 Posts
not everyone but most are going to bash u about breeding in here some ae for it some arnt we breed about a year 1/2 is when he should be ready but not all dogs are worth breeding just rember that

·
Registered
578 Posts
in my opinion no american bulldogs should be studded until they are over two and have been hip scored. just because your dog looks good doesnt mean you should be breeding him anyway if your seriously interested in breeding your dog you need to prove he is good stock first by spending allot of time training, working and showing him .I hope you havnt bought this dog just because you think its an easy way to make money otherwise you will produce standard of the breed with other people who think that way and sell them to more people trying to make a quick buck. HOPE THATS NOT THE CASE!!! :?: :?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Id wait before saying your gonna breed to see how he will turn out, see if he can benefit the american bulldog by breeding him! Also health tests and his temperment and If there is the right bitch who also has the qualitys i have mentioned

Good luck and i hope all turns out, hes very cute

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I did not buy him for the breeding...that was the last thing on my mind when I got him. I am a dog lover and he just happened to be the lucky one I chose. The reason for my asking is that I had him in the store with me and a lady had a female and wanted to know if I would be interested in breeding him. I told her I wasn't sure and that I had not bought him for that reason, but if I did consider breeding him I wanted to know what would be a good age. I have a pure bred boxer as well and a half pit half lab...my animals are soley for the purpose of having furry little campanions :D that I can spoil, I really don't know what I would do without them, and making money off of them is really the last thing on my mind. Thanks for all the replies!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll find alot of useful info if you search under the breeding topic. Best of luck to you and your pup. :D

·
Registered
719 Posts
Cute puppy! I wanna rub his tummy!!! :lol:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks....he is pretty cute and soo much fun!!! I thought I would have problems with him and my boxer being both males, neither of them neutered...but they play together so well. Do you guys think that I will have problems later with them being territorial and cause them to fight?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.