Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm REALLY excited that I FINALLY found people who know stuff about pitbulls!

I have one pitbull (red nose). I'm trying to breed her, (She's not in season again yet). Her name is Brittle. She was found in a ditch with her sister, Peanut, by a friend of ours and lived with our friend for a while... until she suddenly just popped up in my room one night :angel4: Our friend wanted me to have her all along, but my dad didn't approve until she saved my life from an ex boyfriend. After that, she's been with us ever since. She's turning 2 this year!

Now, about myself! My name isn't Xelleron (duh) just a pen name! I LOVE my pitbull, but I don't know too much about how to take care of them, (besides normally taking care of a dog).

I would love to meet people my age (18+)

Well! I hope I can make friends here!

TTYL!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason I want to breed her is so I can have some more puppies around the house. And my uncles want one.

She has a REALLY great personality. She's sweet, she watches my little 5 and 8 year old cousins like hawks and makes sure they don't do anything dumb, and she mothers the cats around, (of course, they don't really appreciate it....) We found this really great pit to breed her to. I'm only going to breed her once though. Then it's SNIP SNIP time.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Xelleron said:
The reason I want to breed her is so I can have some more puppies around the house. And my uncles want one.

She has a REALLY great personality. She's sweet, she watches my little 5 and 8 year old cousins like hawks and makes sure they don't do anything dumb, and she mothers the cats around, (of course, they don't really appreciate it....) We found this really great pit to breed her to. I'm only going to breed her once though. Then it's SNIP SNIP time.
millions of pit bulls sitting in shelters have really great personalitys too but thanks to everybody who keeps breeding their dogs they'll die and never get a chance at a good home.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, yeah, I know she's young, But someone told me that after her 3rd cycle she's ready to have puppies.

Her first cycle a stray got with her and sadly she had a miscarrage. (she only had one strange enough).

I was just curious. Sorry if I offended anyone!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Please, please, please reconsider breeding her. You don't know anything about her ancestors and what their health and temperaments were like. Just because your dog is sweet and friendly and wonderful, doesn't mean all of the puppies will be. It's definitely a crap shoot with dogs whose lineage you know nothing about.

Owners who TRULY love their pets and want the best for them never selfishly breed them like you're considering doing.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I didn't think it was selfish.

Ouch. Kinda harsh.

But thanks for the tip. I guess you're right. I really didn't know anything about breeding, that's why I came here.

The reason I'm scared to go to the pound to get another pit is because I'm afraid Brittle won't get along.

I apologize. I didn't know there was so much to know about Breeding.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well! I don't have one right now, I'm trying to download them right now!

She's a doll... but she HATES getting her picture taken! It's so funny! She looks so upset when I take them! It makes me laugh.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Xelleron said:

Ouch. Kinda harsh.

But thanks for the tip. I guess you're right. I really didn't know anything about breeding, that's why I came here.

The reason I'm scared to go to the pound to get another pit is because I'm afraid Brittle won't get along.

Well if we can change your mind, give you some time, learn about what is good responsible breeding so that you can make good choices.... then it will be a good day! :wink:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Xelleron said:

Ouch. Kinda harsh.

Thats alright
It's good that you actually care about your dog and actually read what people have to say. Most people just say whatever and do what they want and dont really care if they harm their dog in the process or if they add more puppies to the overpopulation problem.

You can usually take your dog with you to the pound to meet any dogs you may want to adopt to see if they get along. :)

if you do have pics of your girl we'd love to see em :D

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Xelleron said:

Ouch. Kinda harsh.

I didn't mean to be harsh or offend you - It's just the reality of it. Breeding your dog so you "can have more puppies around the house" is very selfish. Responsible, ethical breeders of American Pit Bull Terriers breed to better the breed, not just to produce more pets, which die by the thousands every day in shelters all over the place.

Your female will be much healthier and happier if she doesn't have a litter, I promise! :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm trying to get a picture of her with my shoe (It was so nice back then)

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to scan it!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
AllAmericanPUP said:
millions of pit bulls sitting in shelters have really great personalitys too but thanks to everybody who keeps breeding their dogs they'll die and never get a chance at a good home.
Exactly! Luckily my dog Mo was rescued by an agency in Arizona, along with his brother. If they had been sent to the pound they almost surely would have been put to sleep. Pit bulls have such a stigma now that many shelters have a no adoption policy for them, they are just put down. My dog has a great disposition too, but it wouldn't have mattered, he would have been put down like all the rest.

I read that 1 in 600 pit bulls make it into stable homes. Unfortunatly I bet that number is correct. Regardless there is no reason for you to breed, OR have multiple pit bull in your home.

I would love to beleive that you will learn that it is wrong to breed and teach your dog to be aggresive, but I have doubts that you will.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I came here to learn.

And I'm learning. I don't want to teach my dog to be agressive, I want to teach her how to protect me. Is that agressivness?

I just don't know!

Like I said, I AM CLUELESS!!!!!!!!!!

I know I ruffled feathers, and I apologize, I'm just really intimidated by all you guys, and i guess I knew something coming in, but after a few moments, I didn't. It's like a black belt in Taekwondo going into an Aikdo school, you think you know everything until you get thrown on the ground before you could say "HIYA!!!" (not Hiya how ya doin' "hiya" either")

and cannon that was kinda mean. I'm one to listen and learn, not listen and throw the information away.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Xelleron said:
and cannon that was kinda mean. I'm one to listen and learn, not listen and throw the information away.
Perfectly stable pit bulls die by the thousands every year because people misunderstand them. Is that mean?

People who promote bad behavior in their bullies only make it worse for every pit bull on death row. People who breed irresponsibly make it worse for every pit bull on death row. I am not an activist about any thing else. Pit bulls do not have their own voice, they only have an enlightened minority to defend them. That's where myself and others come in. You will not get support for breeding here, you just won't.

The amount of work that goes into rescuing one pit bull and getting him/her into a stable home is staggering. You want a whole litter. Where do you think they will end up if things don't work out?

If you truly want to learn, I posted a link on your other thread.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.