Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone... This is my first post as I joined the other day and just wanted to say hey. Well I have 2 American Pit bulls...Brodey (male) and Savannah (Female) and they are everything to me. Heres a pic of my guys.

Savannah is now 1.5 yrs 80 lbs. and Brodey is 10mos 55lbs. I adopted Savanah when she was 11weeks old, she was the runt and no one wanted her. She had a broken tail and was picked on by all the other puppies. Brodey was just 8weeks and was the "pick" but b/c of an incident wih a german shepard in his breeder's area all breeds of hot listed dogs were no longer allowed to be sold and were to be euthanized!! Total BS but that is a totally different story. Anyways im glad I found this site and have found alot of useful info already. Thanks to all.
JC

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
GREAT looking dogs!!! Sooooo cute. And Welcome!

There is another brodie on here who is a pit mix and he looks just like yours! How cute!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Long story:
Savanah:
I was at work one day and over heard some people talking about bulldog pups. So i eased drop a little more and over heard that their were 3 puppies left of a litter. One of who was Savanah (the runt), he had buyers for all but could not get rid of the runt. Wasnt sure what he was going to do with her but i didnt like what I was hearing. Anywho I jumped in and was like Ill take her how much, and he said you want her she's yours!! So later on that day there was a puppy waiting for me when i got back from lunch. She was beat up bad and her tail was almost at a 90 degree angle from where it broke, and she was weazing and one eye was crusted shut with some kinda junk. I nursed her back and splinted her tail and even after the vet said she might not make it, I let sleep in my bed for 3 weeks straight. All she needed was some TLC. Well 80lbs later and bigger than her dad and mom...Savanah is my baby broken tail an all.
Brodey:
The county/state gave all breeders of "hot list" dogs in that area 30 days to find homes for present litters or they would have to be euthanised. They are no longer allowed to breed and sell these specific dogs in that span of 3 counties. This was all after a german shepard attacked a kid...who was trespassing on someones yard. This was my understanding of the situation and though I did get my Brodey (and his 2 sisters and 1 brother who I found homes for) this way, i think it is total BS. Savanah's parents came from the same place Brodey did. The guy I work with is good friends with the Breeder from GA who I have met only once to get papers for Brodey and his siblings.

whew....I know that was a long winded story, but thanks for listening/reading

:D

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Poor little babies .......... :D But I glad to see that they got a loving home......I bet all the other are kicking themselves since she is such a swan :!: Beautiful babies just one compliant I need to see more pistures of the little babies LOL

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome! Beautifull dogs, I love the tan one! Wow, that sucks! I lived in J-ville for a few years, well west side and Orange Park anyhow, and I never knew anything like that, must be fairly new, when did this happen and what counties?? Glad you got 'em before they were euthanized!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.