Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new to the board and just thought I would stop in to introduce myself. I have four dogs, Boudreaux, Jilly, Nana and Gretchen.
This is our male - Boudreaux
Hey AlphaMale, good to see you here!! Your bike is SWEEEEEEEET!!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hello and Welcome.
Your boy is lovely!! More pics of all your dogs!! :D

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Stunning creature!! Welcome

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Welcome! What a handsome boy! Would love to see the rest of your crew. :D

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Hmmm..maybe I'm mistaken...are you breeding pitbulls with AB's? Nice looking dogs and you seem to have your heart in the right place. Question though...you say your dogs are "proven". How are they proven? Do you health test them at all?

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Joyful Mom said:
Elaborate please on what you are referring to by "health test".
Have you had their hips and elbows xrayed? They should be Penn Hip tested. Breeders should be able to provide proof that their breeding stock has been checked for hearing, heart, and kidney issues.

I'm not making any accusation mind you. I'm just asking questions. :)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Joyful Mom said:
Hi! I'm new to the board and just thought I would stop in to introduce myself. I have four dogs, Boudreaux, Jilly, Nana and Gretchen.
This is our male - Boudreaux
Hey AlphaMale, good to see you here!! Your bike is SWEEEEEEEET!!!!
hey Joy I'm just down the street from you Austin...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry, it's taken me so long to get back on the board. There has been A LOT going on around here.
Kasco - Boudreaux was OFA tested at 24 months. He received a good rating and his hips are not dysplastic. The dogs are clear of heart worms. As far as kidneys, I was unaware of a test to ensure proper kidney function. I know that increased urination can be an indication of kidney disease, Cushings Syndrome, or diabetes. The dogs have shown no signs of any of these. Hypothyroidism is commonly diagnosed in purebred animals, therefore this is something we keep an eye out for as well. We haven't performed any hearing tests on the dogs, but we do keep their ears cleaned on a regular basis with a vinegar/alcohol solution. Ear infections can travel to the brain and be fatal as I found out with my parents dog.
As for your other question...we are breeding an American Staffordshire Terrier with an American Bulldog, thus the American BullStaff is produced. Ultimatly, an outstanding creature.

Asian ******* - Austin is just a hop, skip, and a jump from me. I used to live in Spicewood. Do you know where that is?

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Joyful Mom said:
Sorry, it's taken me so long to get back on the board. There has been A LOT going on around here.
Kasco - Boudreaux was OFA tested at 24 months. He received a good rating and his hips are not dysplastic. The dogs are clear of heart worms. As far as kidneys, I was unaware of a test to ensure proper kidney function. I know that increased urination can be an indication of kidney disease, Cushings Syndrome, or diabetes. The dogs have shown no signs of any of these. Hypothyroidism is commonly diagnosed in purebred animals, therefore this is something we keep an eye out for as well. We haven't performed any hearing tests on the dogs, but we do keep their ears cleaned on a regular basis with a vinegar/alcohol solution. Ear infections can travel to the brain and be fatal as I found out with my parents dog.
As for your other question...we are breeding an American Staffordshire Terrier with an American Bulldog, thus the American BullStaff is produced. Ultimatly, an outstanding creature.

Asian ******* - Austin is just a hop, skip, and a jump from me. I used to live in Spicewood. Do you know where that is?
American Bullstaff?? Are you serious? :?:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quite serious as a matter of fact. Every bully breed we have today is a combination of something. That is how we now have the dogs we have grown to love.
As far as the other person that posted - we don't work them in the general sense of "working". However, we are in the process of buying a house with acreage. We plan to begin to educate ourselves more about pulling and possibly having some "Fun Pulls" on our land. Right now, we just take them to the lake and run them and have a good time swimming.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts