Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll that's what my trainer bellowed at me last saturday, I honestly found myself welling up :cry:

He asked us to put our dogs into a 2minute stay. I sat rox asked her to stay then timed it.......So did Emma with Daisy. We did a full 2 min stay :D......Then HE came over and shouted..."why are you just standing there, walk away from your dogs don't just stand there!" So we reposition the dogs in a stay...walked away and Rox moved so I put her back in stay...same was happening for Emma except daisy run the circuit saying hi to all the other dogs on her way back to me!.... 3 time this happened before he really shaouted at me and Emma :cry: He said "Your dogs have just walked all over you both....3 times, they got up and you kept putting back in a stay...You prize pratts, idiots! why keep putting them back in a stay when they get up a walk away? ...... I just looked at the floor while Emma argued with him....I just couldn't see where I had gone wrong :(

He told us to go home and work on our stays, but what are you suppose to do if a dog breaks her stay? I was to angry to approach him :lol:

On a good note Marlee had her first lesson that morning too, and she did so well, infact she was better then most of the pups which have been there for weeks :) he did a puppy play at the end, which we had to randomly break away with a recall which i thought was cool.....altho Marlee wan't too keen on playing, she wanted them to submit to her, she stood there in a stance sniffing the air, insteading of playing....The trainer walked around assessing the dogs on how they interacted, he didn't seem to bothered that most of the pups around Marlee were on their backs :lol:

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm really upset by this, I really don't want to find another trainer as he has worked wonders with Roxy :( guess I will have to be upfront with him! and this saturday, he can show me what I was doing wrong...he has never told me off for putting roxy back into a stay before :?

He worked for the RSPCA for a while doing home test...but they took him off it as He came back with 'should be capable of owning a goldfish' at the end of most of his reports :lol:

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LifeIsDaPits said:
Maybe he just had a bad day or something....

When I was training my dogs and we were doing stays, they told me to put them back in a stay and start over.
He is very belittling, many ppl leave. But in this weeks class we had new members. We had a couple there with two sister staffies....you could see they were labrador owners not staffies.....and I guess him working for the RSPCA as an assessor of the dogs before they get rehomed, he could see one of these staffies haven't to be given up :( It makes me crazy that they didn't research into what they bought too.

But he is mean and harsh with us at times, normally I ask him what I did wrong and he shows me with Roxy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.