Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Earlier tonight around 8pm I noticed that my 12 week old English Bulldog's left eye started to puff up when giving her a quick rinse.. I had figured it was allergies and sure enough about 10 minutes later she was back to normal. Well about 10pm I notice it started up again except this time in her right eye. It stayd about the same size and I was hoping it would go back down, it has now swollen up more. She does not seem to be in any pain and continues to play and sleep with no problem. However, her eye is watery.... I just want to see what you guys think it might be because I just love her so much.
Thank you everyone :cry:

Below are pictures of what the condition looks like"

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Awww - poor thing. Looks like it could be an infection in the inner eyelid. I would have the vet take a look at it. Hope she feels better soon. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My good friend is a vet and I have tried calling her but I guess she is sleeping now....I am just watching over the little girl and keeping her in a cool atmosphere...hopefully the swelling will go away. :(

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
To your knowledge, has she gotten into anything that she could be allergic to? If so, you could give her some benadryl.

1 mg per pound.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She will sometimes get a little rash on her tummy in certain types of grass, but not sure what kind. I went over to my girlfriends today and took her with me and she playd outside there. Thank you for the dosage and measurment.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I don't think that is an allergy at all. I think your baby has cherry eye. I would let the vet take a look at it. It can be fixed with surgery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^

Yep, that is exactly what she has :( Poor girl, the vet gave me eye drops and I am going to use that for 10 days, if it still keeps happening then he will cut it out for $100.
It gets irritated by heat or activity. She will be fine one second, then another dog will come by or she will go into a hot room and its back to being swollen. The drops have helped some, but I have a feeling she is going to get surgery....thank you everyone for all of your help :wink: I will post pictures when her eye gets to feeling better :cyclopsani:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts