Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( I have a beautiful AB that just turned 7 years old. He has had really bad skin allergies since he has been two where he developes bumps that leak a strawberry liquid. He is in and out of the vet for steroid shots and allergy shots by HAUSKA.
We love him like a son! He is our family so we are doing everything to help him. We have done holistic, and traditional meds on him. He currently take a half of a steroid every day. He also takes thyroid meds as well. Now he was just diagnosed witha tumor in his lower intestine. They removed all of it but he also has an enlarged lymph node.which they left alone. We are praying and waiting on the biopsy. His spirits are unbelievable. He is strong and still is happy, wags his tail and begs to go home. He is in the hospital and has been since monday. My family is so upset and we pray all the time. He just developed a swelling called Adeama under his chest (looks like a ball) and his paws are swollen. The Doc said its due to the lack of protein in his blood. He needs to develop it again. Soon as he can do that the swelling will go down and he will be better. I am told that his eating and dric a great sign and he should do well. He has been on IV since Monday, and now on a special starch med that is given over 8 hours that is supposed to thicken the protein in his blood. Could it be that he is receiving too much water to his body? He also is slightly anemic from this whole tumor experience. He started last Thursday with diahreah and vomiting and we treated him with pepto bismal as per our vet. On sunday night we got worried because he wasn't better and was arching his back and standing on his hine legs like he was on his tip toes. Monday morning at 9AM he was at the vet being x rayed.
His name is Baron Von Muchausen (Mooch). He is the best dog and the sweetest. He is really such a good dog. Does anyone have these problems wit their AB's? My family and I are absolutely devestated and the costs are emmence!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I had a white APBT that had extremely bad allergies. She also developed cancer and they do say from being on all of the steroids they can cause cysts and tumors. I will send you a pm.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I can't see how any processed foods can work to successfully overcome candida though. The foods recomended are good foods, but to do this properly you need to use organic foods, no sugars, no man made oils or fats, and increase proteins. Those foods are not made from certified organic foods and have lots of sugars (not only honey, glucose, etc.. sugar is any fruit except limes and lemons, even veggies like carrots and yams, dairy, starches and grains!). I would think in order to do this right you would have to design your own diet and make your own food.

alphadog, this alone worked for your dog? I am curious since I think diet and nutrition has more to do with it, then after the immune system is built up, you kill the candida overgrowth. What kind of food do you feed? And did you feed the same food while going through the detox?

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I am moving this to the health section you will get more replies.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Care said:
I can't see how any processed foods can work to successfully overcome candida though. The foods recomended are good foods, but to do this properly you need to use organic foods, no sugars, no man made oils or fats, and increase proteins. Those foods are not made from certified organic foods and have lots of sugars (not only honey, glucose, etc.. sugar is any fruit except limes and lemons, even veggies like carrots and yams, dairy, starches and grains!). I would think in order to do this right you would have to design your own diet and make your own food.

alphadog, this alone worked for your dog? I am curious since I think diet and nutrition has more to do with it, then after the immune system is built up, you kill the candida overgrowth. What kind of food do you feed? And did you feed the same food while going through the detox?

I have not changed anything in my dogs diet I have just been adding apple cider vinegar to her food (chicken soup for the dog lovers soul) for the past month and oxy drops in her water her paws have healed no more redness she is not licking them her belly is no longer red her cronic ear problem has not returned I am just amazed at the results

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your reply

Care said:
I had a white APBT that had extremely bad allergies. She also developed cancer and they do say from being on all of the steroids they can cause cysts and tumors. I will send you a pm.
Mooch has been on steroids since age two. He is 7 now. He just got diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer in his intestine. He is being treated right now with again. more prendazone but on a higher base. He needs these injections every other day for a week. I am told if they work he will be on pill form. After that maintence. Life expectancy can be a 6 months to 24 months.

we are devastated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[THANK YOU - I am having trouble posting it in Health I can't find where you can post the message
any advice.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Have you considered a raw diet? Getting the system back to a natural state should be the goal, then treat the diseases. Diet plays a huge part of our dog's health, and treating symptoms that have come about from treating other symptoms isn't the way to go. All the secondary things, swelling, edema, yeast or whatever else is going on with your boy is just adding fuel to the fire with added meds and treatments.

Alot of vets roll their eyes at the mention of a raw diet, and Im not sure why... just as they are convinced that Science Diet is the best food out there, most think raw is lacking in merit.

The allergies that your boy has endured for the better part of his live very well may be food derived. There are MANY people on this board that feeds a raw friendly diet, and swear by it. (there are commercial foods that are raw friendly, and convienant to feed)

It may be something to consider.

Good luck with your boy, and give him a big hug and a meaty bone from me :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts