Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 2 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Any advice on how to get our 4 month English Bulldog from wanting to chase cars? We have tried a prong collar but it doesn't phase her.

While we r walking, when a car comes, she gets down in a stance and when the car passes us, she goes after it.

We r a little afraid that she is going to hurt herself with the prong collar since it doesn't affect her enough to stop this behaviour.

We have tried sternly saying "no!" and "heal!" while stopping but she just goes in a trance when the car passes and basically ignores all of our attempts to stop her.

I would appreciate any advice - thanks!

M & K

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great advice, thanks! Although we walk her everyday where there r cars around and her desire to chase these cars hasn't seemed to taper off at all. :(

Ur Ana is soooo cute!!!!!!

asdf.0 said:
Hmmm.... I would imagine you could get her used to cars going by. Is there an area you could take her where she can watch cars go by, but she's safe from them? I'd take her there quite often just to get her used to them. I think if she saw them going by, she'd get bored of them and eventually stop wanting to chase. Bring a toy or treats so she gets rewarded when she doesn't pay any attention to the cars.

I would stop using the prong collar if she's pulling so much and not reacting to it. Or, maybe you are using it incorrectly? Some of the more experienced members here can tell you more on that...

1 - 2 of 4 Posts