Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me ive got a one year old staffy hes loverly but hes bald ive took him to the vets £450.00 and still no better the vet thought he had the fox mange so gave me treatment for that then took him back cause he was getting no better they gave me advecate to use on him now hes completly bald with boils on his back and like a sweat odur i feel so sorry for him hes a loverly lad been through alot anyone got any advice please message me thanks :wink:

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
I know a few people have gotten remedies for mange on this board..do a search in the health section or hold out a few and someone more knowledgeable than myself can help give you tips...

Hope you can find some relief :( ..

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Fox mange? Here we call them differently: demodex mange or scarcoptic mange (scabies). You said he smells like sweat - is it a sour smell, like infection? If so, it may be scabies. That's pretty easily treated with ivermectin injections. In the US, you can buy the drug online for about $50. See if you can get ahold of it, and I will find out the dosage for you.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx for answering hes had advecate so hes got no more mange and having got a jack russell shes never caught anything off him its a shame for him he tolorates it very well

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
So is the mange gone? If so, it could be that he still has secondary infections. Put him on some antibiotics for the sores, and give him a little time for the hair to grow back.

Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts