Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 7 month old staffie bull terrier and its nothing major but whenhe gets excited he wee's a little.... Its not all the time or when he see's us Its just when he meets cetrain people or new people.....
He does not get nervous just really excited..... When i no people are coming over i will take him a walk before hand ect to emoty himself!!!! I take him loads of walks every day and he does not drink any more than any other dog!!!
Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Kate pees when one person comes over.... but my only suggestion is to do what you are already doing.... taking them out before the person comes over.

Maybe another suggestion... when people come over. Make sure she sits and stays until they greet him. Usually when a dog is in a sit stay position they are more calm because they are doing a command you told them to do. This way he is much more greetable. You may have to start off having him on a leash to get him to do this just so you have more control over him.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I agree with Luvabull in that it sounds like it may be submissive urination. Unusual for males, but no unheard of. Is your dog shy and or timid at all?

When you have a dog who urinates submissivly the best thing to do is NOT have people come and pet your dog. Let your dog go to them. When a person hovers over a submissive dog to pet them they will view this as dominance and will in turn submit by urinating to show the person that they are not a threat. This is normal behaviour in dog packs. Many times people make things worse by allowing people to go into a dominant position over your dog. Don't allow this.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No diesel is a very out going dog loves people and children.... will try some of your sugestions throught . cheers

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Lisa said:
I agree with Luvabull in that it sounds like it may be submissive urination. Unusual for males, but no unheard of. Is your dog shy and or timid at all?

When you have a dog who urinates submissivly the best thing to do is NOT have people come and pet your dog. Let your dog go to them. When a person hovers over a submissive dog to pet them they will view this as dominance and will in turn submit by urinating to show the person that they are not a threat. This is normal behaviour in dog packs. Many times people make things worse by allowing people to go into a dominant position over your dog. Don't allow this.
Great Post Lisa...very informative...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts