Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone my dog bud is sick :cry: it is coming out of both ends :oops: what can I give him to help with an upset tummy

·
Registered
719 Posts
Keep a close eye out for dehydration...but try fasting for 24 hours...and if you do give water...give frequent, but very small amounts...

...it works! Had to try it with Celeste after her spay this past Thursday...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks pepto has been given and I am not going to feed him tonight this came out of nowhere not sure what the problem might be

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
It could be parvo.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I would definately fast for 24 hours and watch his/her gums for dehydration...you should take them to the vet tomorrow.

msvette2u said:
It could be parvo.
It could be ALOT of things...don't get all worked up, just keep and eye on them. Dogs get sick, too.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
LoveMy3ABs said:
I would definately fast for 24 hours and watch his/her gums for dehydration...you should take them to the vet tomorrow.

msvette2u said:
It could be parvo.
It could be ALOT of things...don't get all worked up, just keep and eye on them. Dogs get sick, too.
Yes it could be ALOT of things - but if parvo needs treated much more aggressively than if just a simple upset tummy. People need to be prepared for the worst if necessary. Even vaccinated dogs can get parvo.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
My friend's dad is a Gastroenterologist and he always recommends for us humans to eat yogurt (with live cultures not the yoplait stuff) and drink gatorade to replace electrolytes.

****My friend and I never aked him why yogart but we assume that the cultures would attack bacteria?****Luvabull I would love to hear your opinion on that bc I know you are in the medical field.

·
Registered
182 Posts
fast for 24 hours..
give pedialyte icecubes
after 24 hours feed a mixture of pumpkin and white rice..if things settle down slowly add dog food to teh pumpkin /rice mix.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
msvette2u said:
LoveMy3ABs said:

msvette2u said:
It could be parvo.
Yes it could be ALOT of things - but if parvo needs treated much more aggressively than if just a simple upset tummy. People need to be prepared for the worst if necessary. Even vaccinated dogs can get parvo.
That's why I recommened a visit to the vet, the chances of a vaccinated dog gettin parvo vs. an unvaccinated dog are less, it is possible, yes I agree, but not as likely.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
angie7349 said:
My friend's dad is a Gastroenterologist and he always recommends for us humans to eat yogurt (with live cultures not the yoplait stuff) and drink gatorade to replace electrolytes.

****My friend and I never aked him why yogart but we assume that the cultures would attack bacteria?****Luvabull I would love to hear your opinion on that bc I know you are in the medical field.
That's a great suggestion. I'd only add that a 24 hr. fast is useful and then feed the yogurt after that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Canned PUMPKIN and if you still have the vomit and loose stools after a couple days take him to the vet.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thankyou everyone he seems to be better today I will keep an eye on him and if needed I will take him to the vet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts