Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Well every so often i will let Meli inside the house and i notice when she wags her tail around there will be blood on my clothers or anything really. I checked her tail and there seemed to be a small cut but nothing to major though, Is this caused from when she wags her tail franticaly around and hits stuff? Or is she bitting because of the fleas and is this something i need to train her not to do?

Any help will be much appreciated.

THANK YOU!

· Super Moderator
14,603 Posts
No, we all have this problem. What we do is clean off the blood with a paper towel and apply liquid band-aid to the tip of her tail. This will seal it up. They have so much strength in their tail that when the wag it they tear up the tip of it. It takes them a little while to lose some of this tail rowdiness. The biggest thing is cleaning up the blood. Half my house was covered in blood spots before I knew Clara had opened hers. You would have thought someone had been murdered. :lol:

· Registered
641 Posts
IlubMeli said:
Ok, Well every so often i will let Meli inside the house and i notice when she wags her tail around there will be blood on my clothers or anything really. I checked her tail and there seemed to be a small cut but nothing to major though, Is this caused from when she wags her tail franticaly around and hits stuff? Or is she bitting because of the fleas and is this something i need to train her not to do?

Any help will be much appreciated.

THANK YOU!
Happy tail! I've heard people actually dressing the wound and then wrapping the foam of a hair roller around it to cushion it while it heals. Happy tail has a bad habit of being busted open.

Paula

· Registered
999 Posts
Happy tail.. the one and only reason people get their pit's tails docked.
Some dogs have it so bad, that's the only alternative (wagging to the point of stripping the tail to the bone)
:shock:
The tip is not bad, do the advice above. If you start seeing bone, speak to your vet.

· Registered
85 Posts
When we have visitors, especially friends with children, we warn them about our girl's happy-tail. Her tail's like a whip, it'll fracture shin bones. However, very few things are cuter than the tail-wagging-the-butt-wagging-the-dog greeting our girl gives to visitors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.